Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Meadow Brook, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
£65,000 per annum
Baltimore Consulting are excited to be working in exclusive partnership with The Pontesbury Project, and we are seeking to appoint their new Chief Executive Officer to lead the charity.
Inspired by Ian and Beryl Bradley, this charity has grown significantly since it was founded back in 1987. However, it remains true to its original vision to provide a caring, fulfilling, meaningful and nurturing home for those with learning difficulties. Initially supporting 5 service users The Project now cares for circa 20 service users, has 13 properties, and employs 70 staff who provide high quality, specialist support to individuals with severe learning disabilities and challenging behaviours, many of whom require 1-to-1 support.
2021 provides a unique opportunity for a new CEO to lead a dedicated team of individuals, who are passionate in supporting those living with special needs to live happy and fulfilling lives.
Operationally The Pontesbury Project consists of two separate charities; The Pontesbury Project for People with Special Needs and The Pontesbury Housing Trust.
Appointed by the charities board that comprises of four trustees, the CEO will be responsible for the day-to-day running of The Project, embracing the integrated nature between the two charities, ensuring that The Project is positioned to stay true to their vision and proactively informed for future developments from their key partners in the local authorities.
Your duties as the CEO include:
- Maintaining and developing the vision of The Project.
- Establishing a collaborative method of working with the Chair of Trustees, Treasurer and Care Manager.
- Developing good relationships with service users, families, internal and external stakeholders and partners. This will include CQC, local authorities etc.
- Maintaining the day-to-day running of the business.
- Ensuring The Project applies recommended best practice in both care and housing
- Ensuring that assets of The Project are protected, working with the treasurer to maintain controls and ensure financial stability.
- Ensuring The Project complies with all relevant, laws and governance principles.
- Taking on the role of Responsible Individual in accordance with the Health & Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014 (regulation 6) and Care & Welfare Act 2015
- Developing the It and administrative systems
The Trustees are looking for an individual with strong leadership skills who promotes teamwork and holds a high level of integrity.
As the CEO you will be:
- Passionate about helping people to develop themselves, having the ability to motivate and inspire others.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the care sector.
- Be an approachable and proven leader.
- Have experience of managing sizeable budgets and delivering service improvements.
- Have experienced knowledge of personnel practices and law.
- Have the willingness to work well with others to develop your own understanding.
This opportunity for the right individual will provide the perfect platform to expand the fantastic work that has already been done by the charity and the chance to safeguard its vision for the next 35 years.
Having recently been through a period of growth and expansion, The Project is in a position whereby both charities can proactively position themselves to ensure they stay true to their vision and ensure the development of the services they offer. Exciting future developments being commissioning by local authorities in Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Council’s will ensure continued provision is needed for adult service, especially those services that cater towards the care of service users that require 1-on-1 care in often carefully adapted accommodation.
Initial competency interviews will be held throughout January on the proviso that successful candidates will then be shortlisted for a formal interview with the charity in February, with an anticipated start date of late Spring/early Summer 2021 for the appointed Chief Executive Officer. The closing date for this post is Thursday 11th of February.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please apply online or email your updated CV to our recruitment partners at Baltimore Consulting via Senior Consultant James Withington at firstname.lastname@example.org or call James on 0117 313 7110.