Well respected and diverse organisation, delivering a variety of products internationally.
The key responsibilities for the Communication Manager:
- Accountable for the communications strategy for the celebrate and discover pillar - working with marketing and commercial colleagues to deliver an annual communications strategy which drives brand awareness and commercial objectives.
- Lead in delivering creative PR campaigns, ensuring target audiences are reached and key messages are delivered - including initial research, creating media assets, liaising with journalists and post campaign evaluation.
- Deliver PR campaigns to budget, raising purchase orders and organising payment of invoices.
- Accountable for organising and delivering media days to launch new products to national and international media
- Continually seek out creative ways to engage consumers with Companies - telling the story of The Original Maker and our customer pillars.
- Support the commercial objectives of the business through consumer campaigns and activity as needed.
- Nurture mutually beneficial relationships with media, influencers and stakeholders.
- Work with high profile licensed partners to develop and deliver campaigns which promote Companies.
- Support and advise senior leaders on external communication and reputational matters
- Responsible for identifying and developing relationships with journalists at national and international level.
- Work in tandem with wider marketing function to ensure campaigns are integrated, and support the customer eco system.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders to prepare appropriate media statements, and is part of the Crisis Communications team handling contentious and sensitive issues.
- Relationship management of relevant agencies - ensuring campaign deadlines and KPIs are met.
- Form part of the on call rota to look after the reputation of the business, and respond to media queries out of hours.
The successful Communications Manager will have:
- Significant public relations and communication experience is essential.
- Experience of delivering high profile consumer PR campaigns for household names
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and creative writing skills are essential.
- Strong organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrable experience of using a media monitoring and reporting system (eg Gorkana).
- Demonstrable budget management experience.
- Experience of working in a pressurised environment.
- Commercial awareness and up to date knowledge on current affairs.
- Demonstrates creativity and use of imagination.
- Experience of working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understands the full marketing and media mix.
The successful Communication Manager will receive:
25 days' holiday per year; upper quartile Pension Scheme; Life Assurance; Free onsite car parking; Learning & Development opportunities along with reimbursement of professional membership fees; Give a day volunteering for Companies's chosen charity; onsite gym and canteen facilities.
You will be initially working from home while Covid-19 is active.
After Covid-19 we expect 2/3 days in office and 2/3 days working from home.
Location outside Cardiff.