Direct Marketing Manager – Legacies
Salary: £26,212 - £29,321 Per Annum
Benefit: Pension, Life Assurance, 26 days annual leave, flexible working
Do you have the passion, skills and experience to lead the delivery of a range of complex, multi-channel direct marketing campaigns, helping us achieve our vision to save nature?
The RSPB vision is a country richer in nature where wild birds and other wildlife are no longer declining. Nature will be being restored and enriching people's lives. We will have a world that guarantees future generations clean air and water, a stable climate, rich and varied wildlife and a robust and sustainable economy.
This is a great opportunity for a driven and talented Direct Marketing Manager to join our Legacy Team.
You will have extensive experience in leading direct marketing campaigns and projects using recognised project management tools, and a track record of delivering these projects on time and to budget.
Strong interpersonal and communications skills are essential as you build and manage relationships with marketing agencies, suppliers and colleagues across the RSPB.
Excellent attention to detail, organisation skills and time management are essential attributes, alongside a logical and methodical way of working.
The team is dispersed across the UK, yet connected and supportive. This will require you to work to your own initiative with clear priorities and work programmes established. You will be required to work flexibly on projects, with a requirement to travel occasionally (when safe to do so). You will have the flexibility to work from home or from any number of offices (again, when safe to do so).
What’s the role about
The focus of the role will be to deliver the annual Legacy and In Memoriam marketing strategy, media and communication plan to achieve financial and engagement objectives.
Other key result areas for the role will include:
- Plan and deliver multi-channel fundraising and supporter communications that target defined audiences in order to showcase the work of the RSPB and deliver maximum return on investment.
- Ensure that fundraising communications meet all legally required standards as a minimum to mitigate brand and reputational risks.
- Forecast and manage expenditure budgets in excess of £500,000 to achieve targets and deliver income to enable our conservation work.
- Identify and drive forward proposition development, innovation and testing within product areas and communication channels that help unlock support and provide financial growth for our conservation work.
- Brief and manage external suppliers to ensure all activity delivered on RSPB’s behalf is of the highest standard, legally compliant and meets our brand guidelines.
- Analyse and report campaign and product performance so that key stakeholders are up-to-date with progress against financial targets.
What we need from you
We need someone who is highly organised, self-motivated, has excellent attention to detail and can work to tight deadlines. The role will involve working collaboratively with internal teams including supporter services, campaign developers, print production, fulfilment, finance, ensuring they have relevant information on all campaigns.
Candidates will be required to demonstrate experience of successfully delivering end to end multi-channel direct marketing campaigns on time and to budget in a high-profile environment.
- Excellent understanding of the steps involved in planning and delivering multi-channel direct marketing campaigns
- Direct marketing sector developments, legal requirements and best practice
- In depth knowledge of direct marketing techniques – testing, profiling, segmentation, return on investment, cost per contact etc. to achieve the most effective campaign results
- Charity sector developments and best practice
- Ability to inspire others and provide a strong leadership presence in meetings
- Ability to manage complex budgets
- Comfortable with analysis and metrics to constantly improve campaign performance
- Strong creative sense and able to assess the measures that will maximise response
- Ability to create compelling propositions for our target audiences
- Leading multiple stakeholders and internal departments to deliver campaigns
- Project and campaign management
- Writing briefing documents for creative work and project delivery
- Interpreting data and trends, with the ability to analyse and report on results
- Managing conflicting priorities
Desirable qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
- Has worked in environment/conservation
- Has worked in not-for-profit / charity
- Has an additional marketing related qualification (Institute of Direct Marketing, Chartered Institute of Marketing etc.)
Closing date: 23:59, 17 January 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.