Head of Engagement Planning
Location: Flexible - regular attendance required at the organisation's sites and post will need to be based at either Slimbridge, London (Barnes) or Burscough (Martin Mere)
Working Pattern: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £36,496 per annum
Do you have a track record of designing experiences for visitors to an attraction, museum or similar? Want to help an established charity captivate their audiences as a Head of Engagement Planning? If so, read on.
This is a brilliant opportunity to use your creativity, act as a voice for audiences, support and evolve the success of a charity that is passionate about protecting wildlife and people.
You will have the chance to make a difference to all of our client's wetland sites and create innovative ways to inspire, people across the UK whilst creating some of the best visitor experiences available in the country.
As the Head of Engagement Planning, you will work to ensure a consistently excellent visitor experience is delivered across the charity's ten wetland sites in the UK.
In this exciting role, you’ll provide strategic direction and oversee the delivery of engaging, on-brand experiences that make people love and care about the natural world and wetlands in particular.
Your duties will involve:
- Line managing and supporting two experienced designers to help create beautiful and engaging events, activities and displays
- Identifying how the charity can build experiences that create deep emotional connections with audiences and communicate their conservation message through their people, fixed exhibits, events and digital channels
- Helping to shape and deliver a national programme of commercially successful and authentic events
- Ensuring the organisation focuses on understanding what visitors want and need from their experiences
- Helping to maintain and raise excellent standards of presentation and customer care across the portfolio
- Working with, building relationships and influencing experienced colleagues spread across the UK, at all levels of the business and in a range of different roles to achieve your aims
To join them as the Head of Engagement Planning you’ll need:
- Extensive experience gained in an organisation where visitors come to enjoy a day out as well as engaging with informative, emotive and cause related messaging, such as a Zoo, heritage site or museum.
- A track record of designing and delivering experiences that inspire visitors to engage with your organisation and cause with demonstrable ability in excellent project management as well as achieving amazing emotive outcomes for visitors
- Very strong commercial understanding and experience
- Previous experience of promoting a culture of viewing things from a visitor’s perspective
- Brilliant influencing and communication skills
About the Charity
Our client is the UK’s leading wetland conservation charity. They are pioneers in saving threatened wetland wildlife, a centre for excellence in conservation science and experts in wetland management and creation. Around a million visitors a year engage with wetland nature at their ten sites around the UK, and they work nationally and internationally in key locations to balance conservation with sustainable livelihoods.
They have recently completed a review of their strategic priorities which includes ambitious targets for developing bigger and better wetlands, encouraging more people to take direct action for these unique places, and ensuring key decision makers around the world realise the essential role wetlands play in restoring nature, combating climate change and enhancing health and wellbeing.
In return for your hard work and dedication you’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Contributory pension scheme (conditions apply)
- Life assurance
- Free car parking and secure bike storage areas
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free entry to all their centres
Closing date: 25th January 2021
Interview date: 3rd February 2021
To find out more information, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be considered solely on merit.
No agencies please.