Our client is a leading UK charity focused on raising awareness and driving effective public policy around their cause. An organisation that has a strong connection with their service users and truly uses them as a lead on their important work.
The Digital Communications and Social Media Officer will be responsible for:
- Working with the Communications Manager to deliver on the social media plan and increasing engagement across social channels
- Creating compelling content focused around highlighting the experience of service users - This includes web, social and video!
- Work with the wider communications team to implement a paid social strategy, contributing innovative ideas and continuously improving the offering
- Measure and report content performance to inform future strategy
- Work with the wider team to respond to all queries coming through social channels quickly and accurately
- Any other ad-hoc duties required in the role
The successful Digital Communications and Social Media Officer will have:
- A strong background in social media including experience of delivering on a campaign plan
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience within the not for profit and charities space
- The ability to create engaging content based on the experience of service users
- A history of building great relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- A positive and flexible attitude. Happy to get involved with new projects and ad-hoc work
On offer for the candidate is a competitive salary of £30,000 plus company benefits.