We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Officer to assist the Head of Compliance and Governance to manage the implementation of effective practices and processes for compliance, in all areas of data protection and fundraising.
Position: Compliance Officer (Data Protection and Fundraising)
Location: Office based in Fleet with the opportunity for home working 2 to 3 days a week and a flexible working pattern.
Salary: £33,400 pa (within the grade £33,400 - £39,500 pa)
Hours: Full-Time: 35 hours (5 days) per week from Monday – Friday, with excellent homeworking and flexible working pattern opportunities
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 19th January 2021
About the Role
The Support Services department is made up of five core services – Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Office Experience, Project Management and Compliance. Together, the department delivers effective operational and administrative support services to ensure best practice, compliance and good governance are embedded and the core of both organisations in the UK and Ireland.
The Compliance Officer (Data Protection and Fundraising) sits within a growing, fast-paced and exciting Compliance Team. The team will be staffed by experts responsible for implementing, managing and monitoring an effective compliance programme that ensures both the UK and Ireland organisations demonstrably fulfil requirements of all applicable governance responsibilities, legal obligations, regulatory requirements, best practice standards and internal policies
- To respect, uphold and work within the organisations Christian Ethos and Values.
- Plan and implement and effective data protection and fundraising compliance training programme.
- Assist in the effective management of data incidents and complaints case management.
- Assist to manage the implementation of rigorous compliance practices.
To flourish as Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Relevant qualification or demonstrable professional experience in data protection, particularly in case management of data incidents relating.
- In-depth working knowledge and understanding of Data Protection Legislation in the United Kingdom.
- Extensive working knowledge and understanding of Fundraising Standards.
- Experience in case management of data protection incidents.
- Experience in developing or strengthening skills of others, including experience of planning and delivering training activities, including both group training and 1-to-1 coaching or mentoring.
- Good project management skills.
- Core office/administrative skills.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of vacancies. Late applications may be considered. The organisation can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements. This individual will represent and speak on behalf of a Christian charity. Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1, clause 3.
A satisfactory basic Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be a requirement once a conditional offer of employment is made to successful candidates. Applicants with disabilities will be welcomed. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments and addressing any individual support requirements for those successfully shortlisted for interview
Other areas you may have experience of could include Compliance, Compliance Officer, Compliance Administrator, Compliance Coordinator, Data Protection, Fundraising Compliance, Compliance Programme, Policy, Data Protection, Data Protection and Compliance, Compliance and Governance, Complaints, Data Reporting, Data Analysis, Data Officer.