Learning and Development Specialist
Are you looking for a career in Learning and Development? Do you want flexible home working opportunities? We have an exciting opportunity for a Learning and Development Specialist to work collaboratively to implement a learning and development strategy.
Position: Learning and Development Specialist
Location: Office-based in Fleet with excellent flexible home working opportunities
Salary: £28,100 pa (within the grade £28,100 - £34,000 pa)
Hours: Full-Time: 35 hours (5 days) per week from Monday – Friday, with excellent homeworking opportunities
Benefits: Enhanced pension scheme, 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays, non-contributory pension scheme (10% employer contribution), enhanced holiday allowance, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance (on completion of probation period), Income Protection & Group Life cover.
Closing Date: 15th January 2021
About the Role
The Human Resources Team undertake a range of activities to support Compassion UK (CUK) by providing an excellent model of best practice and professionalism in meeting the resource and operational needs at individual and organisational level.
Responsibilities of the Learning and Development Specialist include:
- Working with the HR Director & Business Partner to design, expand and deliver all training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation and the individual.
- Working with the Business Unit Leaders and HR Business Partner to analyse skills gaps and solve specific development needs.
- Driving the design, ongoing development and implementation of the on-boarding programme.
- Monitoring probationary processes to facilitate initial performance development reviews.
- Driving the design, ongoing development and delivery of the Management Development programme.
- Implementing effective reporting processes for Learning and Development activities and provide key L&D metrics.
- Sourcing development solutions.
- Develop, organise, coordinate and deliver face to face and virtual learning and development solution.
- Produce digital training material.
- Design and implementation of CUK’s apprenticeship/internship programme.
To flourish as the Learning and Development Specialist, you will need:
- A passion for everything related to developing people.
- Learning and development knowledge and experience in a corporate environment.
- Skills analysis experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Core skills, you must be fluent in English and competent in written and numerical work, with proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- A Levels or equivalent.
It would help (but isn’t essential) to have:
- A related degree or CIPD qualification
- Have experience in delivering training in an agile workforce. (Includes teams which are office-based, home-based, hybrid home/office based, and regional teams based across the UK)
- An understanding of online learning platforms, such as LinkedIn learning.
Please submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to change the closing date of vacancies. Late applications may be considered.
Please note that our client can only consider applicants who presently have the right to work in the UK and all candidates must be personally committed to the Christian faith and be able to respect, uphold and work within our client’s Christian mission, values, culture and faith statements. This individual will represent and speak on behalf of a Christian charity. Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1, clause 3.
Other roles you may have experience of could include Training, Training and Development, Training and Development Specialist, Training and Development Coordinator, Training and Development Officer, Learning, Development, Learning and Development, L&D, People, People Development, HR, HR Advisor, Human Resources, Organisational Development, Coaching, Mentoring, Workshop, Charity, NFP, Not for Profit, Charities.