Global Advocacy Manager – 2 Year FTC (PT 28 hrs p/w)
Brentford, London (with international travel)
Part Time (4 days/28 hours per week)
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian charity, active in over 40 countries, working towards the vision of Leprosy Defeated and Lives Transformed. Operating as an International Federation (Global Fellowship) of 31 member countries, the International office provides leadership and facilitation to enable the Global Fellowship to achieve this vision.
We’re currently looking for a Global Advocacy Manager to join us on a two year contract, working four days a week (28 hours per week).
- Salary of £47,000 - £50,000 DOE (pro rata)
- 10% contribution to your pension
- Health cash back plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Staff events
- Daily devotion time
- Space for waiting on God
- Volunteer days
- Training and development
- Life assurance
This is an incredible opportunity to help drive awareness of our important work, help create a unified “voice” and help us to achieve our vision of “Leprosy Defeated, Lives Transformed”.
Fostering a collaborative, welcoming and supportive environment, we are passionate about helping individuals with disabilities, neglected tropical diseases, marginalised people in society and those living in extreme poverty.
If you are passionate about helping an established international charity to continue making a difference in advocacy on a global scale, we want to hear from you.
As the Global Advocacy Manager, you will develop the ‘voice’ of The Leprosy Mission Global Fellowship (GF) and position TLM in key global networks, as well as with decision-makers and influencers.
In this important role, you will co-ordinate and support advocacy and campaigns of GF Members to achieve TLM’s global advocacy goals, both at the national and international level.
Specifically, you will:
- Lead TLM’s advocacy in influencing national and global policies and programmes that impact people affected by leprosy
- Position TLM as thought leaders in leprosy, disability and neglected tropical disease and community development worlds
- Represent TLM in global networks and alliances
- Identify and develop a group of leprosy spokespersons amongst/across the Global Fellowship
- Line manage the Senior Officer – Communications (0.4 FTE)
- Undertake international travel (spending approximately up to 50 nights away from home)
To join us as our Global Advocacy Manager, you will need:
- Substantial experience of advocating for an organisation to partners and stakeholders
- Substantial experience of working in an advocacy and/or policy role within an international NGO
- Experience of advocacy in the area of human rights and knowledge of human rights treaties that have a bearing on persons affected by leprosey
- Previous experience of executing global advocacy strategies
- Experience of successfully identifying and utilising strategic advocacy opportunities
- A track record of influencing policy at national and international level
- An understanding of project cycle management, monitoring and evaluating development programmes and projects
- Knowledge of the key issues relevant to neglected tropical disease and disability in an international development context
- Knowledge of key religious, health and disability related networks and alliances
- A postgraduate degree in political science, international relations, social development and human rights (or similar)
An understanding of Leprosy, NTD, disability, community-based rehabilitation and human rights would be beneficial, as would knowledge of government policies and programmes of leprosy endemic countries and an understanding of cultural values that govern the societies in the endemic countries.
TLM is an explicitly Christian organisation. This role will involve representing the Mission’s purpose and ethos to external audiences and working within Christian networks. The post holder is responsible for disseminating advocacy communication, forming global networks, and implementing the Global Advocacy strategy within Global Fellowship Members and Church networks therefore is required to produce, and implement resources consistent with our ethos and values reflecting TLM as a faith-based organisation. The post holder must be willing to engage with, support and contribute to the Christian ethos and values of the charity. In addition to this as part of this role, the post holder will support the work of the Senior Leadership Team and the Mission through Christian prayer, Christian sessions, and fellowship. There is, therefore, an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian committed to the objectives and values of The Leprosy Mission and able to work in an interdenominational environment.
Closing date: 31st January 2021
First round interviews for this role will take place from the second half of February 2021.
To apply for the role of Global Advocacy Manager, please go to the TLM website through the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Advocacy Manager, Global Advocacy Campaigns Manager, Policy Manager, Head of Campaigns, Human Rights Advocacy Lead, or Head of Advocacy Campaigns.
Working hours: 28 hours per week (generally on weekdays, but can include early mornings and evenings at times to accommodate the various time zones of our members)