Main job title: Business Analyst
Salary: £34,643.00 - £38,632.00 Per Annum, Pro Rata
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance, Annual Leave
Duration: 6 months
As the UK’s largest nature conservation charity, the RSPB has an ambitious developing strategy aiming to make a significant difference for nature. At a time of unprecedented change within the UK and around the world, the RSPB is evolving to respond to the natural world’s greatest threats, ensuring that we are in the best possible shape to deliver on our strategy. Our work programmes range from working in partnership to deliver major conservation outcomes on land and at sea through to transforming our own ways of working to have greater impact for nature. A revision of how we measure and report strategic performance will ensure the new strategy and programmes are underpinned by evidence-based decision making. RSPB has a large supporter base and workforce of paid staff and volunteers, with many sites, partners, and digital systems.
What’s the role about
This new project adds to a suite of work to improve and align systems and processes in the strategic and business planning space. Working in the Strategy and Impact Department, you will have early engagement with key stakeholders to provide the context for delivery of a vision and roadmap for performance. This is a six-month full-time contract role. The team is normally based at our UK Headquarters in the heart of The Lodge Nature Reserve in Bedfordshire but the impact of Covid-19 means the ability to work happily at home in a suitable environment is essential and the successful candidate could be based anywhere in the UK with good broadband connectivity. You will be working with friendly staff who are passionate about conservation so if you are interested in making a real difference for the RSPB and nature conservation in the UK and globally, then we can offer you a unique opportunity to further your business analysis career.
- Reporting to: Head of Impact and Evaluation
- Accountable Lead: Head of Strategy and Impact
- Programme Team: Senior Leader and other Business Analysts
- Key Stakeholders: Directors, Trustees, other decision-makers, decision support staff, key process owners, data managers and analysts.
Key result areas:
- Interview stakeholders to gather requirements for a revised performance framework
- Assist in delivery of a revised performance maturity model and performance framework
- Design a roadmap to set out the path to an evidence base for strategic planning and review
- Produce a business case for delivery of a fully populated framework, processes and systems to measure performance and report progress.
- Design and facilitate workshops and training for decision-making groups and internal suppliers
What we need from you
You will be familiar with approaches to measuring organisational performance. You’ll be able to work confidently with a range of diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organisation applying a collaborative approach to bridge and bring together their sometimes conflicting demands. You will possess excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to assimilate large quantities of information and analyse problems and options. You will also have experience of describing vision statements and preparing roadmaps, procedures and standards. You’ll have prepared business cases, plans, and designed and facilitated workshops before. An understanding of portfolio, programme and project management is highly desirable, as is experience of working on major transformative projects or programmes. Your quick, innovative, and enquiring mind means you can bring energy to multiple concurrent activities as part of a busy team with a can-do attitude.
- Qualified Business Analyst
- Experience of conducting business analysis in a large organisation
- Knowledge of strategic and operational performance management approaches
- Quick, logical, and creative thinker with a collaborative and conscientious manner
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of the role of business systems and data management in performance
- Ability to assimilate large quantities of information, analyse problems and prepare options
- Experience designing vision statements, roadmaps, procedures and standards
- Experience preparing business cases, plans, and workshops
Closing date: 20 January 2021
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the Apply button to be directed to our website where you can download the role profile and complete the online application.
When you make your application please ensure you include reference number DEC20205801 on all correspondence.
No agencies please.