Head of Fundraising
Harrogate, North Yorkshire (with frequent travel across the Yorkshire region)
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
We are now looking for a Head of Fundraising to join our dedicated team. Whilst the majority of our employees are currently working remotely in accordance with government guidelines, we do endeavour to return to our Head Office in Harrogate as soon as we are safely able to do so, where this role will be predominantly based.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
If you are a senior level fundraising professional with experience of leading the fundraising strategic planning process, this is a brilliant opportunity to shape this newly created role and contribute to the ongoing success of Yorkshire Cancer Research.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Head of Fundraising, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As the Head of Fundraising, you will provide vision, leadership and support to deliver our strategic aims.
Specifically, you will enable us to manage key relationships with existing and new donors, attract and retain engaged volunteers and build new income streams through the creation of new propositions and campaigns that will contribute to our objective to raise £10m funds per year.
This is a broad and influential role in our organisation that will cover strategy and planning, financial planning and budget management, relationship management and leadership.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Building and leading a motivated Fundraising Team
- Leading and motivating a team of volunteers who engage in fundraising activities
- Collaborating to develop and agree strategies to achieve our income objectives and targets
- Creating thoroughly considered business cases for new propositions and campaigns
- Building relationships with high profile and high net worth donors, as well as institutional funders
- Preparing reports and giving presentations on fundraising progress to the Senior Leadership Team and Board
- Ensuring our fundraising activities comply with relevant regulations
To join us as our Head of Fundraising, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience of developing, managing and evaluating fundraising income streams in a management/senior role
- At least five years’ experience of leading, motivating and developing teams (ideally staff and volunteers)
- Extensive experience of successful donor acquisition, retention and income generation
- Senior level experience of project management and leading change programmes
- Experience of developing and successfully implementing innovative fundraising strategies to deliver significant income growth
- Excellent knowledge of marketing and communication tools as they relate to supporting and driving fundraising activity, including audience segmentation, messaging to drive engagement, and the use of digital platforms
- A full driving licence and the willingness to travel
Other organisations may call this role Senior Fundraising Manager, Fundraising Director, Head of Income Generation, or Fundraising Strategy Manager.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
The closing date for applications is the 17th January 2021.
Webrecruit and Yorkshire Cancer Research are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Head of Fundraising, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time