Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
This important role supports Independent Age’s media & PR programme and will help deliver our ambition to build our reputation and raise our profile across a wide range of media channels, to challenge ageism and the inequalities that exist in older age.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of working in a busy media or public relations team.
- Experience of implementing innovative and successful media campaigns (across digital and traditional channels).
- Ability to identify and create newsworthy stories.
- Broad knowledge & awareness of the best practice and emerging trends in digital and social media, with the ability to apply that knowledge to a range of media and PR projects.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to influence/persuade a wide range of internal stakeholders.
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme and a discount voucher scheme.
Please note that due to Covid19 we are currently working from home.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
Please apply via the vacancies section of our website by uploading a covering letter letting us know how you meet the role requirements along with your CV.