Independent Age works to ensure that as we grow older, we all have the opportunity to live well with dignity, choice and purpose. To achieve this we provide information, advice and connection services for older people; campaign on the issues that matter most to them around health and care, poverty and loneliness and provide capacity building support to others working in the sector.
This is an exciting time to join the charity as we transition to our new ambitious strategy for 2021 – 2023 and increase our profile, impact and reach so more people can live a happy, connected and purposeful later life.
This role is an exciting role leading the development of our digital and phone services, designing person centred support for older people, their friends, family and carers. We want to connect people together over the phone and online and tailor our online experiences, so people can better support themselves.
You will manage a team who currently deliver a Telephone Befriending Service through volunteers and look to expand the range and variety of our service offer, developing our digital services offer.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of older people through phone and digital services and can bring our vision to life through evidence-based service design. Your experience in leading digital and phone services will enable us to extend our reach to those who need us most.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of developing and delivering digital and phone-based services for people with complex needs
- Experience of managing a team and/or volunteers effectively
- Experience of managing digital projects through to successful completion
- An understanding of innovation within a digital service environment
- Proven project management skills including the ability to work flexibly and autonomously with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills via telephone/email/written reports/presentations with staff and external contacts as well as service users and members of the public
- A high level of IT skills, being able to use collaborative tools and video conferencing to support flexible working
- Experience of preparing data and reports
- Experience of managing and resolving safeguarding issues
As well as a competitive salary we offer 28 days annual leave plus public holidays, a generous pension scheme with life assurance, learning and development opportunities, season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme, an employee assistance programme and a discount voucher scheme.
Independent Age is committed to safeguarding and this role will require a DBS certificate.
Please note that due to Covid19 we are currently working from home.
We are passionate about diversity and inclusion and creating an environment where we can ALL be ourselves
Please apply via the vacancies section of our website by uploading a covering letter letting us know how you meet the role requirements along with your CV.