We are a community transport charity operating in Ealing, Dorset and Cheshire. Community transport is not just a matter of getting people from A to B. Our aim is to ‘make journeys possible’ for the most vulnerable and isolated people in our communities. Whether it’s a GP appointment, a day out with friends, the school minibus or a simple trip to the shops, we connect people with the services that support them to lead active and independent lives, and when regular transport cannot provide the right solution.
We’ve been doing this for more than four decades – to an award-winning standard.
For the past 13 years, our current CEO has led our charity from strength to strength, not only ensuring that we deliver on our charitable values and maintain highly professional standards on a day-to-day basis from our depots in Ealing, Cheshire and Dorset – but spearheading sector-wide innovation in social value, engaging with national government on key policy developments, and delivering best-in-class, accessible transport for global events such as the 2012 Olympics, Prince Harry’s Invictus Games 2014 and the 2017 World Para Athletics Championships. Most recently, the charity has stepped up to support our communities and partners in public and third sectors during the huge challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Following our CEO’s decision to retire in 2021, the Board of Trustees is now seeking an exceptional individual to take up the reins and ensure the charity’s legacy for the future.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Salary: circa £80,000
Contact: Permanent, full time
Location: Greenford, Ealing
Alongside other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- A demonstrable alignment with our vision, mission and values
- Experience of creating and implementing a strategy to develop an organisation
- Experience of leading an organisation of comparable scale and complexity, or working as a member of the senior management team
- Experience of working with a Board of Trustees
- Experience of managing human resources, including dealing with disputes
- Experience of business development including identifying new strategic opportunities and managing existing partnerships
- An understanding of measuring and demonstrating social value
- Awareness of relevant regulations, in particular Health & Safety and Safeguarding
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
For full details about this role, please find the advert on Harris Hill's website where you will find links to download the information pack and application form.
To apply for the role please send an up to date CV, a Supporting Statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack and an application form to Jenny Hills at executive.harrishill.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 18th January.