We are looking for an innovative, relationship-builder; an intelligent and creative individual keen to gain more experience of delivering and managing impactful partnerships with leading sports and education organisations.
The 1851 Trust is a game-changing specialist education charity working with Sir Ben Ainslie to bring alive the cutting-edge science and technology integral to high performance sport. We have already taken our education programmes (led by www.stemcrew.org) into over one-third of secondary schools and created unique learning experiences for thousands of young people in some of the most deprived area of the UK. Our recent success and high-profile supporters have built up exciting new opportunities. This is a fantastic role to help us achieve new ambitions to work with new sports to reach more young people in the UK and internationally.
We are a small team with a committed Board of Trustees and high-profile supporters. We are seeking someone with energy, the ability to flourish in dynamic working environment and a commitment to excellence. In return, we offer you exciting opportunities for personal development and the support of colleagues committed to delivering outstanding learning experiences for young people.
Role: Partnerships Executive
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Location: Flexible, with regular travel to our offices in Portsmouth
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 based on experience
Hours: Permanent, Full Time
You will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Chief Executive and wider team to secure partnership development opportunities with sports stars, teams, events, and governing bodies as well as corporate sponsors and charitable funders.
- Helping to deliver impactful partnerships across the UK and internationally, including managing social media and PR, and reporting expectations and deadlines.
- Progressing a partnerships pipeline based on research of sport, STEM, and sustainability sectors and by identifying connections within supporter, partner and funder networks.
- Constantly refreshing our pitch to prospects to highlight ways to achieve our objectives alongside those of partner organisations and to create unique learning experiences for young people.
- Working with colleagues to create interesting ways to engage partners, to create innovative education programmes, and to demonstrate impact and outcomes for young people.
- Establishing a relationship management process to engage new partners and build loyalty with existing partners, including maintaining the organisation’s CRM database.
- Preparing annual budgets, reporting on progress, providing forecasts, and preparing regular updates for Trustees.
Person Specification (required or desirable):
- Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of researching partnership opportunities and database management.
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues to develop new products and programmes.
- Experience of creating high quality new business proposals and presentation.
- Interest in and understanding of education and youth sport initiatives.
- Fundraising or business development experience
- Experience of working alongside a professional sports team or in a commercial environment. Skills and Attributes
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the confidence to influence and galvanise support.
- Proactive and confident in using own initiative and prioritising workloads.
- Able to apply creative thinking and problem solving.
- Strong networking skills.
- Good IT, particularly database, skills.
How to apply
Please send a CV and covering letter, which explains what you will bring to this exciting new role, to Ben Cartledge, Chief Executive (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 5pm on Monday 11 January 2021.
Interviews for short-listed candidates will be arranged as soon as applications are received and the role may be offered to a successful candidate before the deadline date.