Development and New Business Manager
Circa £54,000 per annum
35 hours per week, full time
Our client is one of the largest locally based housing organisations in the East Midlands. Across the region they manage over 9,000 homes; house more than 15,000 tenants; provide over 1,500 bed spaces for people with support/care needs, in over 250 properties; and provide more than 950,000 hours of care and support each year.
They are looking for an experienced professional who is able to take a lead role in developing partnerships with Local Authorities, Developers and Contractors in order to secure new business opportunities for affordable and market housing, and then overseeing their delivery as part of their development programme.
As a Development and New Business Manager, you will be resilient, imaginative and possess good negotiating and problem solving skills. You will have experience of managing staff and a proven track record of working with the Homes and Communities Agency on grant funded schemes and programmes. If you are keen to progress and develop in your role, they are excited to get you started!
You will be expected to get involved in a variety of tasks and duties such as: recruiting, selecting and inducting new colleagues; supervising and evaluating performance; coordinating and delivering major development projects; delivering development schemes in accordance with approved budgets and attending external meetings promoting the business.
Are you up for the challenge?
An in-depth knowledge of Homes England capital funding system and current issues relating to housing development is advantageous. It is essential that you have a relevant degree and/or professional qualification and a demonstrable track record of delivering building property and programmes.
In return for your valuable skills, knowledge and experience they can offer you a fantastic benefits package:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by the business; includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member to work with them
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
Working days and hours:
You will work 35 hours per week Monday to Friday – they value your time and want you to still enjoy your personal plans and commitments outside of work.
Please note: All successful candidates will be required to take an online ability assessment test prior to the online interview and a work-related test as part of the interview.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, our client welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) groups and disabled candidates. As part of their LGBT + Allies Programme, they also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.