We have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Director to lead the charity’s work to significantly increase its reach and impact.
Position: Associate Director
Location: Homebased, Scotland
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Circa £56,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (this will increase with service up to 30 days, full time equivalent) cashback and discount scheme, employee assistance programme, learning and development, pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan, Eye Care vouchers, Long Service Award, Tax-free childcare, Health Cash Plan, Working Pattern Agreement, flexible working opportunities available.
Closing Date: 30 December 2020
Interview Date: W/C 11 January 2021
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic interviews may be held via video conferencing. Please let us know if this will present any challenges when you email your application
Reporting to the Executive Director of Locality Impact, the Associate Director – Scotland will lead the Association’s work in Scotland to significantly increase its reach and impact.
You’ll do this through effective systems leadership, creating and managing relationships with key stakeholders, influencing Scottish health policy and practice and overseeing the effective delivery of high quality stroke support.
You’ll lead a motivated and engaged team of staff and volunteers to:
- Increase impact and reach through systems and community engagement, influencing and service delivery
- Ensure stroke survivors have a strong an influential voice in shaping and improving health policy and practice
- Increase consistency in quality and reach of engagement activities and services, with a focus on addressing health inequalities
- Enable peer support and self-sustaining stroke communities to flourish in Scotland
As Associate Director you will have:
- Senior-level experience in advocacy/influencing; service delivery or community engagement and development.
- Substantial experience of holding senior-level relationships with partner organisations, ideally in health and social care / the NHS and a strong understanding of systems leadership.
- Strong understanding of influencing policy in a devolved administration
- Substantial experience of leading high performing teams and large distributed teams (paid staff and volunteers) and an inspiring and motivational approach to leadership.
- Track record in developing and implementing strategy, leading change, and managing budgets.
- Demonstrable senior leader level experience in programme and project management
- Experience of managing and growing services through statutory contracts and charitable means
- An understanding of the voluntary sector and of the strategic challenges facing the sector, particularly in Scotland
Please refer to the Role Profile for the full list of essential and desirable criteria once you apply.
To full fill the role you must have the right to work in the U.K
When you apply, you will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter demonstrating how you meet the person specification set out in the Role Profile and what you bring to the role in terms of your skills and experience. Please specify in your covering letter which role you are applying for. Applications from individuals who are seeking flexible working options, including reduced hours or job shares, are welcomed. Please state any preferences for flexible options in your covering letter.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with stroke survivors and their families to support them following stroke and to raise stroke awareness in the local population. The charity offers a host of amazing benefits and flexible working options, with opportunities to progress your career.
About the Organisation
Rebuilding lives after stroke.
Everyone deserves to live the best life they can after stroke. And it’s a team effort to get there. The charity provides specialist support, funds critical research and campaigns to make sure people affected by stroke get the very best care and support to rebuild their lives. Every five minutes, stroke destroys lives. Help us rebuild them and join the team.
You may also have experience in areas such as You may also have experience in areas such as Impact, Impact and Engagement, Engagement, Director, Associate Director, Impact Manager, Policy and Impact, Policy, Community Engagement, Service, Services, Programme, Programmes, Advocate, Advocacy, Change, Change Policy, Social Care, Volunteer Manager, Volunteer, Service Delivery Manager, Service Delivery Lead, Service Delivery