Join Britain’s biggest walking charity to help more people discover the joy of walking and protect the places we love to walk. This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
We’re looking for an exceptional Head of Fundraising to join our team and lead from the front during a time of organisational change. You’ll bring strategic leadership to a high-performing fundraising team, to deliver ambitious KPIs. Under your leadership, the growth of income from corporates, trusts, individual giving and legacies, together with a significant partnership with Peoples’ Postcode Lottery means that you will be responsible for generating a significant percentage of the Ramblers charitable income in the years ahead. Are you up for the challenge?!
You’ll develop our fundraising strategy to diversify and grow the income and ROI required to further the Ramblers charitable mission. You will dig deep to understand the needs, wants and behaviours of new and existing supporters. You’ll help the Ramblers grow our reach and relevance, evolving our case for support to attract, retain and engage a loyal community of supporters. You will build meaningful relationships with new and existing corporate partners and trusts, to grow valuable long-term partnerships with those who passionately support our cause.
This is a senior role within the Membership and Fundraising team, reporting to the Director of Membership and Fundraising and influencing across the charity. You’ll be a key influencer and consultative colleague across the charity. You’ll foster a culture of excellence and wellbeing in your team, building accountability and teamwork, where vision is shared and success is celebrated. You’ll be committed to developing each member of your team to realise their full potential at the Ramblers and beyond.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be our new Head of Fundraising, we’d love to hear from you.
Essential Requirements include:
- A standout leader and experienced fundraising professional, with an impressive track record and more than 5 years’ experience in securing funds from individuals, corporates, trusts, foundations and society lotteries.
- Expertise and a proven track record in leading fundraising development and delivery in a similar organisation; experienced in optimising the many elements required to deliver a healthy, effective fundraising function.
- A connected networker and influencer, familiar with the current fundraising landscape, approaches and techniques.
- Experience in leading donor relationship management programmes and database marketing and development.
- Significant experience in team leadership, performance management and professional development to maximise team wellbeing and effectiveness.
- Experience in driving effective, lasting change, bringing others with you.
- A team player, able to develop collaborative, strong and effective working relationships.
- Ability to negotiate and influence effectively, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build and implement robust business cases and financial budgets to deliver a healthy return on investment.
- Proven experience in analysing complex data, to inform strategic decisions.
- Experience in developing robust performance indicators, measures and reporting frameworks.
- Experience in building integrated supporter journeys, using targeted multi-channel marketing strategies (including digital) to drive growth (acquisition) and engagement (retention) with a strong ROI.
- Experience of strategic development of customer relationship management platforms.
- Innovative and solutions-focussed, with the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in navigating and complying with the regulatory landscape for fundraising.