Sightsavers is looking for a Learning Officer to join the Ascend programme.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to March 2022
Salary: c£29,000 - £32,000 dependent on experience
Location: Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will be a remote role and flexible working will be considered. Occasional travel to Haywards Heath office may be required.
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme significantly contributing to the control and elimination of five NTDs in 13 countries of west and central Africa. Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa and is responsible for its overall delivery of Ascend.
About the role
As Learning Officer, you will be responsible for identifying, documenting and disseminating information relating to the Ascend programme, across Sightsavers, the Ascend consortia, the Neglected Tropical Disease (NTD) sector, and beyond. You will plan and delivering capacity building activities, and support grant management of the Ascend Learning and Innovation Fund.
Ascend Learning Officer responsibilities include:
- Working alongside the Programme Optimisation Unit within the Ascend structure to embed structured learning activities into work plans.
- Liaise with consortia partners on a regular basis to update country and thematic learning action plans
- Coordinate virtual learning activities in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain oversight of regular project reporting
- Support with analysis of programme data and ensure key lessons are disseminated to internal and external audiences in accessible and engaging formats, such as PowerBI
- Support the development of informal knowledge products such as blogposts and learning briefs, and assisting in the development of formal peer-reviewed publications
We are looking for an individual who is inquisitive, questioning and passionate about data, has experience of learning activities, health data and reporting and has excellent relationship-building skills.
As Ascend Learning Officer, you will have:
- a degree in a subject related to Social Sciences, Politics, Economics, Geography, Education, Statistics, Information Systems or International Development, or equivalent experience
- demonstrated experience of working with quantitative and qualitative data, in-depth analysis and identification of data trends
- experience and/ or qualifications in project management in international development
- experience and understanding of monitoring, evaluation and learning
- experience of facilitating training, workshops or other learning activities
- experience of capturing good practice and disseminating learning
- good analytical and IT skills
- experience of using data visualisation software, such as PowerBI or Tableau
- an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with a disability
- experience of supporting staff internationally
- availability to travel overseas up to 8 weeks a year – Covid-19 restrictions allowing
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link.
Closing date: 13 December 2020
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.