Sightsavers are recruiting for an Ascend Integrated Systems Coordinator to work within the Ascend programme.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract to March 2022
Salary: c£43,000 - £46,000 dependent on experience
Location: Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will be a remote role and flexible working will be considered. Occasional travel to Haywards Heath office may be required.
Accelerating the Sustainable Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (Ascend) is a high profile, high value, multi-partner programme significantly contributing to the control and elimination of five NTDs in 13 countries of west and central Africa. Sightsavers is the lead supplier for Ascend West & Central Africa and is responsible for its overall delivery of Ascend.
About the role
As Ascend Integrated Systems Coordinator, you will support the delivery of an integrated data systems strategy, to ensure high quality data collection, through globally standardised survey processes for reporting, learning and decision-making across 13 African countries in line with Ascend project goals.
Ascend Integrated Systems Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Closely monitor, collate and disseminate project progress information
- Design new and support and strengthen Ascend systems including: data, reporting and learning which align to national NTD initiatives and emerging m-Health systems
- Maintain a dashboard of progress and review information and actions from the field status reports
- Ensure evidence-based reports for surveys, surgeries, treatments and other interventions
- Share up-to-date, technically precise evidence-based Ascend information with Sightsavers’ Communications team and assist in creating content
- Matrix line management task responsibilities for two members of staff
- Ensure all interventions uphold a commitment to gender, equity, social inclusion, value for money and sustainability
We are looking for an experienced project manager of multiple-country projects, with good French and English communication skills, who is enthusiastic about data and health systems. You will be supporting a project that provides surgeries to prevent 100,000 cases of blindness due to trachoma and the reduction of morbidity and disability in 26,000 people with lymphatic filariasis.
As Ascend Integrated Systems Coordinator, you will have:
- a degree in a subject related to Data and Statistics, Public Health or International Development or equivalent experience
- extensive experience and/ or qualifications in programme/ project management in private, humanitarian or development sectors
- a successful track record of working in multiple country projects
- the ability to work within a complex matrix structure
- fluent English and French communication skills
- experience of work collaboratively and building stakeholder consensus
- excellent analytical and IT skills, including Excel
- an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with a disability.
- experience of capturing and sharing good practice
- the ability to think strategically and effectively translate concepts into action plans
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
To apply, and for further details about the role, please follow the below link.
Closing date: 13 December 2020
Interviews are expected to take place in early January 2021
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.