12 month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
33.75-37.5 hours per week
About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market and we protect forests. We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the opportunity
This is a unique opportunity to help build public engagement with our work and generate income for the charity. This role comes at an exciting time in the development of our new and ambitious ten-year strategy, alongside significant investment in our fundraising and citizen marketing teams. We are looking for someone with a passion to make sure we achieve the change we want to see in our world through outstanding fundraising, marketing and communications.
This is a busy, fast paced role, managing a large team, that spans all of our citizen engagement as a charity, and individual supporter acquisition and retention. This role is responsible for implementing an ambitious five-year plan to grow income from individuals using a wide range of fundraising methods, and working as part of a large organisational marcomms network, to deliver against the charity’s strategic goals.
We are looking for an experienced marketing and fundraising leader who has successfully implemented and delivered individual giving strategies within the charity sector, as well as having strong marketing and comms experience across digital and offline channels.
You’ll thrive in this role if you are an innovative leader, have a collaborative mindset, the ability to operate with autonomy, be comfortable working across multiple audiences and channels alongside demonstrating a commitment to making a difference in the world. We are looking for a passionate senior leader, with the following skills and experience to make a real impact:
- Substantial fundraising experience, primarily within individual giving acquisition and retention
- Senior level strategic marketing & comms professional with experience of successfully developing, implementing and leading communications and marketing strategies
- Proven ability to build audience engagement, around a not-for-profit or values-led brand
- Developing and running multi-channel campaigns and supporter journeys for a number of diverse audience groups, including digital communications, direct marketing, events and face to face marketing
- Strong knowledge of fundraising best practice
- Substantial data management, analysis and interpretation experience, and data protection and GDPR knowledge
- Experience of using personas, and conducting audience insight and market research
- Budgetary management experience
- Substantial experience of representing an organisation externally at a senior level
- Experience of managing a high-performing, multi-functional team
Interviews are expected to take place: online, week commencing 14th December 2020
Please visit our website to read the full job description and submit your application form. Please note we look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to close this vacancy early.
Please note we do not accept CVs or Cover Letters.
Soil Association is committed to providing equal opportunities for all applicants regardless of their background. We value diversity whilst also acknowledging that people from certain backgrounds are underrepresented in our organisation. If you’re not sure about applying, please get in touch with us for a chat.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our work at the Soil Association