Up to £22,000 per annum
RHS Garden Bridgewater, Salford, Manchester
The Royal Horticultural Society (RHS), the UK’s leading gardening charity inspiring everyone to grow, is looking for an exceptional Events Coordinator at the new RHS Garden Bridgewater in Salford. The post-holder is responsible for coordinating the annual programme of public and venue hire events, working closely with the Events Manager to plan and deliver high quality, visitor focused events that strengthen the RHS brand, drive repeat visits, attract new audiences and generate income.
Some of the key responsibilities include to:
- Coordinate the annual Events programme at RHS Garden Bridgewater by working closely with the Events Manager on all aspects of planning, budgeting, delivery and evaluation. This includes (but is not limited to) event research; creating event content suitable for RHS core and growth audiences; liaising with contractors, providers and partners; planning and executing safe event delivery, and supporting event evaluation.
- Help develop strong horticultural themes for visitor events that engage, inform and inspire children and adults about growing and the natural environment.
- Deliver high quality, visitor focused events and excellent customer service in line with RHS standards.
- Liaise with venue hire customers to plan and deliver high quality events that will grow the RHS Garden Bridgewater venue hire business.
- Deal with the administration of both visitor and venue hire events, including processing purchase orders, expenses and other finance admin; compiling events sales, visitor statistics and evaluation data; updating event plans and schedules; managing bookings for visitor and venue hire events and dealing promptly with event enquiries.
- Support and, when required, supervise Events volunteers to offer high quality, visitor focused event delivery and excellent customer service in line with RHS standards.
We are looking for an exceptional person with experience of planning and delivering public events, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organisational abilities and a flexible and positive approach to ensuring that all events are high quality, safely delivered and audience focused.
The role will report to the Events Manager and will also work with the Events teams at the other four RHS gardens on the cross-garden programme of visitor events.
To apply please visit our website via the link.
All applications should be received by 9am on Monday 7th December 2020.