Retail eCommerce Trading Officer
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Yorkshire Cancer Research is one of the most exciting and innovative charities in the UK. The charity is a leading funder of cancer research in the region and has a track record of supporting ground-breaking projects and clinical trials to help prevent cancer and increase survival. We are working to save an extra 2,000 lives a year in Yorkshire.
Yorkshire Cancer Research is entering an exciting period in its development. As part of this we are expanding our team at our Head Office and a number of new roles are being created.
As such, we are now looking for a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer to support our online trading activities.
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (increasing with service to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Offices within walking distance of the train station/free onsite parking
This is an incredible opportunity for an eCommerce professional to take their next step. You’ll have the chance to make a big impact on our online trading activity, enhance our earnings through trading and play a key role in achieving our strategic goals.
We’ve got a strong set of values that inform everything we do and we’re looking for people who are aligned with these. As our Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, you will strive for excellence in everything you do, have integrity, champion expertise through improvement and innovation and be a great team player.
As a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, you will be tasked with ensuring that we are equipped with a fit-for-purpose online marketplace offering that delivers on product quality and customer service.
Supporting the Head of Retail Operations, you will lead a team of volunteers, supporting the continued growth and development of our online sales.
Your overall aim will be to raise funds for the organisation which will be invested in the strategic goal of saving 2,000 lives each year in Yorkshire.
Specifically, you will:
- Research suitable eCommerce platforms
- Operate our existing online marketplaces (e.g. eBay, Shopify and Depop)
- Ensure high standards of customer service are delivered
- Manage complaints effectively and efficiently
- Monitor and respond to online customer reviews and identify any common trends
- Manage the day-to-day running of the Donation Centre
- Oversee a team of well-trained volunteers and create a positive working environment
- Support the development of and execute the three-year retail eCommerce trading strategy
To be considered as a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience in a retail eCommerce role within a multi-channel sales environment is essential
- Evidence of a strong web trading background from an existing online retailer including experience of building online trade and running a successful eCommerce platform
- Commercial awareness to help build and drive web sales coupled with the personality and motivation to help build and drive our online platforms
- An understanding of eCommerce trading and familiarity with online merchandising, SEO, web analytics, Google Analytics, Magento and Shopify
- Strong IT and analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and Google Analytics, with a thorough understanding of eCommerce marketing, including Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Google AdWords, pay-per-click campaigns and data tracking
- A good understanding of the online customer journey and the tools available to drive online conversions
- A creative eye and good photography skills
- Strong written and numerical skills
- Ideally, to be educated to A Level standard or equivalent
Other organisations may call this role eCommerce Merchandiser, Ecommerce Executive, eCommerce Trading Officer, eCommerce Trading Executive, Online Trading Officer, or Online Trading executive.
The charity is a responsible and flexible employer and an individual’s circumstances would be considered and balanced against the needs of the charity. We welcome any discussions for flexible working at interview/offer stage.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Retail eCommerce Trading Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.