Crumlin, Co. Antrim
RFEA, The Forces Employment Charity, exists to provide life-long, life changing support, jobs and training opportunities to service leavers and veterans, irrespective of circumstances, rank, length of service, or reason for leaving.
They estimate that there are currently around one million working age veterans living in the UK and unemployment rates for this group are much higher than for civilians. The charity provides employability and employment support to working age veterans in the UK as well as interventions and support.
RFEA also links with welfare, healthcare and housing charities as well as working with veterans in the criminal justice sector, to help those with a long journey back into employment.
They are now seeking an Employment Consultant to join the Career Transition Partnership team at the Regional Resettlement Centre in Crumlin on a part-time basis.
- Salary of £26,000 - £27,500 pro rata
- Employee benefits
This is a rare and rewarding opportunity for an employment specialist to use their skills and experience to help those who have served our country to gain and maintain employment after leaving the services.
Service personnel possess unique skill sets alongside the drive, motivation and discipline that can only come from life in uniform. You will play a vital role in ensuring they can find work after the services and continue with building successful, happy lives.
As an Employment Consultant, you will be tasked with developing employer relationships to support service leavers who are resettling in Northern Ireland to gain employment.
Specifically, you will focus on matching the skills of service leavers to a particular employer and supporting both parties through the transition period. Your role will involve aspects of employer engagement, specialist employment support and employment support for job ready service leavers.
- Build and maintain strong links with existing employers in Northern Ireland
- Develop and implement an employer engagement strategy to link employers and job opportunities with service leaver requirements
- Identify full-time and part-time appointments, work experience placements, suitable self-employment and vocational opportunities
- Market the transferrable skills and experience of service leavers to suitable employers
- Manage a caseload of referred individuals who have settled in Northern Ireland
- Deliver specialist vocational case-working support and provide career and employment advice and guidance
- Provide an employment brokerage service to ensure all service leavers obtain appropriate work experience placements, work-based training or employment outcomes
To be considered as an Employment Consultant, you will need:
- Knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities
- Sound empathy and an understanding of the employment challenges faced by Armed Forces personnel
- Experience in using advanced business management systems and the ability to analyse data and present findings
- A good level of customer service and strong communication skills in guiding and advising people from all age groups
- To be capable of working independently to targets, performance indicators and deadlines
An NVQ Level 4 in Information, Advice & Guidance is highly desirable but not essential as training will be given as required.
Other organisations may call this role Employment Support Specialist, Employment Coach, Employability Coach, Career Coach, Career Guidance Specialist, Careers Advisor, or Employability Trainer.
This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week, Tuesday – Thursday.
The closing date for this role is the 6th December 2020.
Webrecruit Ireland and RFEA, The Forces Employment Charity, are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Employment Consultant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd. The services advertised by Webrecruit Ireland Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.