Sightsavers are seeking a self-motivated, focused Programme Assistant to join our Inclusion Works project team and wider Inclusion Works consortium programme.
Title: Programme Assistant
Location: Haywards Heath, West Sussex, UK (with potentially initial home-working required)
Contract: 18-month Fixed Term Contract
The Programme Assistant will work closely with the Programme and Operations Director and Inclusion Works Programme Manager, as well as other members of the team on delivery of discrete projects, communications activities and events as required. This is a brilliant role for someone with a strong interest and motivation to develop a career in international development.
This role will involve close collaboration with the Institutional Funding team, Technical Leads, the Communications team, consortium partners and implementing partners. The post holder is expected to be available for travel 4-6 weeks a year.
The Programme Assistant’s role is to provide administrative and co-ordination support to the Inclusion Works project team. They will have the opportunity to directly engage with in-country and UK teams, building experience in how to successfully deliver complex global inclusion programmes working in a dynamic and innovative consortium of Inclusive Futures partners.
This is a really varied role and full details can be found in the job description. Duties will include:
- providing general administrative support to the Inclusion Works project team including support to meetings, reporting, annual team planning processes, filing and communications activities
- coordinating and supporting consortium partner meetings
- leading the coordination and management of programme knowledge management, consortium communications and support to programme communications
- supporting consortium management and cross-organisational working
You will have a strong interest / background in / knowledge of current international development and social inclusion issues and be educated to A-level standard or equivalent. You will have:
- excellent administration and planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task
- demonstrable administrative and/or project management experience in international development or related field
- experience in managing stakeholders and working to multiple deadlines
- experience of working with multiple task managers and senior managers
- an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities
- good verbal and written communication skills and reasonable numeracy
- strong skills in MS Office, and have experience organising travel logistics, including flights, visas and accommodation
In addition to being an easy 20-minute train journey from Brighton or 45 minutes from London, we offer some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply
Please submit your application via our recruitment portal by following the links.
We anticipate that remote interviews (via Microsoft Teams) will be held on 14-15 December 2020.