Commercial Support Officer
The Old Police House, Hyde Park (with travel to all parks)
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
It costs around £36 million per annum to run the parks. Currently, we have to raise around 75% of our own income. This comes from a range of sources, including events, filming and photography, catering, grants, lottery funding, licences, rental income and fundraising. Our Commercial Directorate is responsible for overseeing our commercial income generation opportunities.
We are currently looking for a Commercial Support Officer to join our Commercial Team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £27,801 - £29,400 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 26 days' holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Beautiful offices in the Old Police House in Hyde Park
If you have experience of providing administrative, project and/or secretarial support in a project environment, this is an exciting opportunity to take on a varied role that sits at the heart of our organisation.
You will have the chance to support the success of our high-value commercial tenders and our commercial development projects, which are key to ensuring we have the funds needed to protect some of London’s most iconic green spaces.
As a Commercial Support Officer, you will provide administrative and project support to the Commercial Team.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will:
- Manage diaries, set up meetings, take minutes and respond to a variety of correspondence
- Collate analytical and statistical information to support the preparation of budgets, forecasting and business planning
- Help to draft tender documentation
- Act as the project administrator for commercial tenders
- Undertake research and provide briefings on a range of subjects
To join us as a Commercial Support Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience of providing administrative, project and/or secretarial support in a project team
- Previous experience of monitoring and reporting on the progress of projects
- Experience of maintaining physical and electronic filing systems for audit purposes, including interrogating and analysing data for reporting
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to plan and prioritise your time effectively and anticipate and adjust for any issues, risks or changing requirements
Experience of working in a procurement or commercial function would be beneficial, as would experience of interpreting and presenting data in an appropriate format for a variety of audiences. Knowledge of procurement legislation and best practice would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Project Officer, Admin Support Officer, Support Administrator, Commercial Project Officer, Project Administrator, Programme Administrator, Programme Co-ordinator, Administrator, Secretary, Project Co-ordinator, or Team Administrator.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Commercial Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.