The Health Foundation is an independent charity committed to bringing about better health and health care for people in the UK.
Q is an ambitious initiative connecting thousands of people working to make health and care better across the UK and Ireland. Q offers a vibrant networking and development programme, a novel grant funding programme, ground-breaking improvement Lab and there are exciting new plans in the pipeline. Q is part of respected charity the Health Foundation, working in partnership with organisations across the UK.
The Associate Director for Community and Professional Development is strategically and operationally pivotal to Q.
- A senior member of Q's leadership team, this role sets the direction and ensures high quality delivery of many of Q's offers to its members and partners.
- The role is accountable for project teams that deliver Q's community-building and events programme - suiting someone comfortable coaching and leading teams beyond direct line management.
- A senior and outward-facing member of the Q leadership team, this post works with partners and other strategic stakeholders to understand needs, and shape, deliver and continuously improve what Q does.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the conceptual basis for Q's strategy in relevant areas.
- Shape Q's portfolio of activities relating to building the community and professional development
- Act as a highly visible spokesperson for Q. Build a reputation for high quality presentations, reports and other outputs that reflect the insights and values behind Q.
- Provide inspiring leadership for the Q team members working to deliver the service area portfolio for which this post is responsible
The successful Associate Director for Community and Professional Development will:
- Be an accomplished leader and naturally collaborative.
- Have experience of using creative approaches to enable complex partner or member-orientated initiatives to thrive.
- Have a strong understanding of how to enable change and encourage people to learn from each other.
- Be comfortable designing and facilitating events, including online, with the communication skills to connect credibly with diverse audiences, including people operating at the most senior levels in the health and care sector.
- Title: Associate Director for Community and Professional Development
- 12 month fixed term contract
- £79,300 per annum
This is a fantastic opportunity for a senior leader to join a widely respected and dynamic initiative. Plenty of opportunity to demonstrate your strategic agility as Q adapts the way they deliver their long term mission to respond to the new challenges and opportunities created by the pandemic.
I have LOTS more information to share and am keen to support you fully through the application process, so please share your CV in the first instance.
A tailored CV and covering letter are required for the application process. Please don't write your covering letter until we have discussed the post further and I have shared more information with you.
Interview date: Provisionally scheduled to take place remotely w/c 7 December and w/c 16th December
Likely to be homebased initially. Office based in London.