Digital Transformation Project Manager
London, E1 (currently home based)
If you are creative, enjoy developing ideas collaboratively and have experience of leading digital transformation projects, this is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in the evolution of an ambitious charity.
Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership is a leading East London-based charity that bridges the gap between education and the world of work.
For almost 30 years, we have worked in partnership with schools and businesses to provide fair and equal opportunities that enable young people to broaden their horizons and help them achieve their aspirations.
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on young people’s learning and employability prospects – for many, the future does not feel bright. Now more than ever, it’s vital that we give young people the support they need to learn more, do more and become more. Transforming our digital capabilities will be integral to realising this vision.
As such, we are looking for a Digital Transformation Project Manager to join us on a 12 – 18 month contract, preferably starting early – mid January 2021.
- Salary of £37,500 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday plus Christmas shutdown and Bank Holidays
- Great office location
- Friendly and inclusive environment
- Early finish on Fridays
This is an incredible opportunity to enhance our digital capabilities, which will have a huge impact on the number of young people we can support, as well as increasing awareness of our cause.
You will join a diverse team of people who are committed to addressing inequality and improving social mobility for young people.
We are passionate about building young people's confidence, improving their skills and raising their aspirations for the future. If you want to help us achieve our vision, this is the role for you.
As the Digital Transformation Project Manager, you will create and implement a digital strategy that will embed digital transformation across the organisation, which will improve support for, and engagement with, our charity.
Initially, your priority will be transforming our traditional immersive work experience week into a virtual work experience model, so students continue to receive this vital first experience of the working world.
You will then prioritise our other employability schemes with input from our Senior Management Team. These schemes range from projects delivered to primary school children, up until school-leaver age and beyond.
Some of your other duties will include:
- Embedding digital content and enhancing how we utilise technology for delivery
- Managing the migration of our Microsoft Dynamics system from our current provider to a new provider
- Recommending hardware, platforms, software and other tech solutions to enhance our operational effectiveness
- Providing advice on digital matters to the whole team
To join us as our Digital Transformation Project Manager, you will need:
- A proven track record of managing digital technology for new projects, from inception to implementation and then to its review and continuous improvement
- Evidence of leading digital transformation projects in the charity or commercial sector
- Experience of using design tools and programmes to ensure an engaging look and feel to digital content
- Previous experience of creating and implementing a digital strategy and forecasting budget spend
- Experience of writing engaging content for digital programmes
- A track record of ensuring that content is optimised for all devices including laptops, Chromebooks, tablets and smart phones
- Experience of working with CRM systems
- A good understanding of social media channels such as Twitter and LinkedIn and how they can be tied in with new digital platform tools
Other organisations may call this role Digital Change Project Manager, Digital Transformation Programme Manager, Digital Transformation Manager, Digital Project Manager, IT Programme Manager, or Digital Change and Transformation Manager.
This is a full-time position. This role is not suitable for consultancy or part-time work.
The closing date for submitting applications is midday on Monday 7th December 2020. You will be asked to submit a CV and an accompanying covering letter detailing how you meet the experience required and person specification.
First round interviews will be held on Monday 14th December 2020. Second round interviews may be held on Thursday 17th December 2020.
Webrecruit and Tower Hamlets Education Business Partnership are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are looking to make a positive impact as a Digital Transformation Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.