Are you an experienced Community, Events or Corporate Fundraiser looking for your next challenge?
Job Title: Community & Corporate Fundraising Manager
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
Location: Outskirts of Bristol, with some homeworking due to current climate
Benefits: 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays + additional days over Christmas and New Year period. Free parking in a beautiful semi-rural setting.
Our client is looking to recruit a Community & Corporate Fundraising Manager to develop, support and champion both new and existing fundraising activity in this area. Working as part of the Community and Events team the role would suit someone with experience across a range of these income streams.
Main duties of the role include;
- To be the first point of contact for groups and individuals organising community activity to raise money for the charity, to liaise with them, help and encourage them, and provide the highest levels of supporter relationship management.
- To work with existing corporate supporters; stewarding them to maximise income and provide the highest levels of supporter relationship management.
- To research and apply for new corporate support and Charity of the Year partnerships.
- To support those taking part in events to raise money for the charity including runs and challenges.
- To research and identify potential and lapsed supporters and steward them to support the charity.
- To organise the charity’s events including but not limited to, their sponsored walk including organising elements of the events, recruiting and supporting participants and recruiting volunteers.
- To research and identify influential individuals in schools to build relationships and garner support. Deliver school assemblies to spread the word about the charity’s work and encourage them to engage with the charity and raise money to support them through initiatives like PJs for Penny.
- To coordinate the volunteer speaker programme including the recruitment of new speakers, researching new groups to talk to and to deliver talks where needed.
- To attend events on behalf of the Charity both within and outside of office hours.
Candidates should have at least three years’ experience of Community, Events or Corporate Fundraising alongside excellent communication skills with the ability to engage with a wide range of audiences confidently. They will have sound knowledge and understanding of supporter relationship management and enjoy the challenge of building relationships within the community and businesses. This role requires someone who can work flexibly with their time.
About the charity
Our client is the leading UK charity specialising in a whole person approach to helping people live well with the impact of cancer.
The way in which they help people is known as the Bristol Whole Life Approach which provides a powerful combination of physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual support that is designed to help anyone affected by cancer, at any stage of the disease. They do this through residential courses, group sessions and 1-2-1 complementary therapies. They work in partnership with many major healthcare providers and their services are underpinned by evidence-based research.
Timetable for appointment:
Closing date: 9.00am on Friday 4 December
1st Interview: Wednesday 9 December
2nd Interview: Monday 14 December
To apply and for more information:
Please click 'Apply' - you will be prompted to complete a short CHM Recruit form before being redirected to our client's website, where you can view the full job description and find further details on how to apply. Please note, you are not applying at this stage.
No agencies please.