Membership Marketing Manager
6 month contract
Salary: £37-£40k depending on experience
RHS Wisley, near Woking and Vincent Square London
We are looking for a dynamic Marketing Manager to join the Membership team at the RHS on a 6 month contract basis.
Members are the lifeblood of the RHS; supporting our mission to make the UK a greener and more beautiful place, in return for visits to the RHS gardens, exclusive access to RHS world renowned Flower Shows, personalised garden advice, The Garden magazine and more. We are ambitious to grow membership and connect more people to the work we do as the UK’s leading gardening charity.
This new role will report into the Head of Membership Marketing & CRM, and has responsibility for the delivery of campaigns which will attract new members and engage and build loyalty with existing members. We are looking for a self-starting team player who can run with direct marketing activity, delivering high quality campaigns to hit deadlines and achieve targets, while working within brand guidelines.
This role will work closely with the existing membership team in Marketing but also across other marketing colleagues in brand, insight, retail, gardens & shows. It also requires cross functional working with teams developing content, managing membership services, running digital & social channels, PR and managing our gardens and shows.
This role is currently working remotely but in 2021 will require a couple of days a week at to be office based from RHS Wisley, near Woking and Vincent Square London.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of having worked across a range of offline and online B2C marketing campaigns including above and below the line activity.
- Experience of writing data and analysis briefs.
- Experience of membership marketing, demonstrating successful campaign performance to acquire or retain members.
- Working with a range of creative agencies, freelance designers, media agencies and print and fulfilment suppliers
- Proof reading marketing materials
- Used to working to deadlines and targets
- Experienced in setting up administrative processes to support marketing activity
- Experience of budgeting and managing campaign costs to deliver ROI
- Experience of analysing and reporting on marketing performance and KPIs
It's never been a more exciting time to join the Royal Horticultural Society. We are committed to bringing the joy of gardening to millions more people and to making some of the most significant and exciting changes in the history of the organisation. Join us and be part of that history.
To apply please visit our website and apply online.