Area Manager Witness Service - North Wales & Dyfed Powys
Location: Witness Service Wales - North Wales
Department: Witness Service - National
Interview date: 17 December 2020
The Citizens Advice Witness Service provides a vital service offering free and independent support for witnesses in every criminal court across England and Wales.
The Witness Service has over 260 staff and 3000 volunteers and offers free, independent, impartial and confidential support and information to 15,000 witnesses each month to give evidence in every criminal court in England and Wales.
Last year, Citizens Advice helped 2.6 million people face-to-face, by phone, email and webchat, and we received 25 million visits to our digital advice content. We solve 7 in 10 clients' problems, and 4 in 5 tell us that advice improved their lives.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
Are you an experienced manager of staff looking for a new opportunity?
We are looking for someone who is a great motivator who thrives on leading teams, and working with stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes.
The Area Manager is accountable for the delivery of the Witness Service within a specified area. Managing a team of leaders (Outreach Services, Court Service and Volunteer Development) who coordinate the support given to witnesses both at court and engaging through outreach.
You will work closely with other agencies, they will develop links and networks across the statutory and voluntary sector to provide a range of services to meet the needs of victims and witnesses of crime.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with an excellent understanding of the voluntary sector and experience in operational management and stakeholder engagement.
We are seeking a candidate with the ability to develop and motivate staff and volunteers, with experience of building effective relationships and creating partnerships with key organisations and other stakeholders.
We welcome applications from diverse individuals who can demonstrate transferable skills.
This post is subject to enhanced vetting and barring check.
You will love working with us because:
- We value diversity and equity
- You will be a part of a fantastic team who works collaboratively and inclusively, using cutting edge IT solutions to help us work better together
- You will be making a positive difference in people’s lives
- Your health and wellbeing is important to us, we have a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme, including access to counselling sessions, both online and on the phone support.
- Your future financial health is helped by a generous pension scheme
- You can further your career with training and development tailored to you
- You will have access to an online employee support networks and forums
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 26 days plus bank holidays with an additional 4 days off at the end of the year
- Opportunity to buy additional annual leave
- Generous maternity pay and shared parental leave
- 3 days paid volunteering each year
- Discount scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Inhouse mentoring scheme