The Senior Content and Social Media Executive will play a significant role in the delivery of Sightsavers’ communications strategy.
Contract: This is a permanent, full time role but flexible work or part time at four days a week (must include Fridays) will be considered.
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Location: UK remote working. Due to Covid-19 restrictions this will be a remote role and flexible working will be considered. Occasional travel to Haywards Heath office may be required.
The Senior Content and Social Media Executive will play a significant role in the delivery of Sightsavers’ communications strategy. The role is a pivotal part of the Social Media Team, who sit within Sightsavers Campaigning and Communications Directorate, delivering creative and effective social media communications to support campaigning, brand awareness and fundraising activities.
As Senior Content and Social Media Executive, you will deliver engaging and compelling social media content, helping to build and engage an international community online and raise the profile of the organisation through our global social media channels. You will be responsible for Social Media Strategy and will manage social media for specific communications projects, such as Sightsavers’ Equal World campaign.
Senior Content and Social Media Executive responsibilities include:
- Support strategy development for Sightsavers’ social media channels, in particular social media content strategy
- Deputise for the Social Media Manager
- Oversee the day-to-day running of Sightsavers’ social media content calendar
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver engaging and effective social media content that meets global campaigning objectives
- Project manage social media for Sightsavers’ Equal World campaign
- Deliver campaign performance analysis
- Daily social listening and reactive social media content delivery
- Manage Sightsavers’ out-of-hours freelance resource
As Senior Content and Social Media Executive, you will:
- Be a digital content native – someone who lives and breathes social media and has a thorough knowledge of the main social platforms
- Have excellent knowledge of national and international media and social media
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of how social media can support Sightsavers’ communications
- Demonstrate excellent storytelling ability, with a proven track record of creative asset development, creative writing, and editorial skills
- Demonstrate a strong track record of developing and implementing social media strategy, with proven results
- Have experience of building and managing online communities and creating and managing social media campaigns using social media management, analysis and monitoring tools
- Be proficient in photo and video editing (Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro desirable).
- Understanding of the varying needs of Sightsavers’ audiences, ability to adjust tone and content accordingly, and make recommendations for an alternative solution if content is not appropriate for a particular channel or audience.
- Be able to work independently whilst managing multiple projects and whilst working with multiple stakeholders to deliver strategic social media comms
- Have an understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- Experience of working in an NGO/INGO and/or International Development sector
- A keen interest in international development/ development and health policy
- Knowledge of the charity sector, fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning
- A degree in marketing, media, journalism or digital communications or equivalent experience
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties and requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.
Closing date: 22 November 2020
When applying please be aware that you will be prompted to include your CV or Cover Letter, please ignore this. Only information included in the online application form will be considered.
As an equal opportunities employer and a Disability Confident Level 3 employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is not willing to accept unsolicited agency CVs. Sightsavers is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs