Contract: Permanent, part time, working 30 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 FTE dependent on experience
Location: Ross-on-Wye (flexible working options available)
Closing: Wednesday 2nd December 2020
Interviews: Friday 11th December 2020 (some flexibility on date)
We are looking for an exceptional Finance Manager to provide an excellent accounting service to the charity by developing and managing financial processes, managing the Accounts Officer and ensuring accurate accounting and adherence to all internal controls.
At the Marine Conservation Society, we fight for the future of our ocean through people-powered action with science on our side. We are determined to create the actions that will make change happen for the future of our oceans and to do that, our scientists, campaigners, education team and fundraisers need an efficient finance team to support them and ensure our charitable funds are used as effectively as possible.
We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who can also contribute their own perspectives and experiences which add to our knowledge and our culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the Accounts Officer and ensuring the accurate accounting of the purchase ledger, sales ledger, banking and all MCS financial transactions
- Providing an excellent level of customer service to the MCS team
- Producing accurate management accounts to budget holders
- Leading on the development, implementation and maintenance of financial policies, controls and systems
- Experience of managing the purchase ledger, sales ledger, banking and production of management accounts
- Good knowledge of accounting in a charity with multiple income streams and restricted funds
- The ability to manage, motivate and develop staff
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and flexibility
- Good MS Excel skills
- A team player focussed on providing excellent service across the charity
Further Information and How to Apply
First thing – click the apply button shown to be directed through to download the Information Pack, which includes the full job description, information about working at MCS and how to apply.
The last question in the application process will be an invitation to include a cover letter which tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification. We value this element of the application, so make sure you include it.
Everyone can expect to be treated with consideration and respect and MCS is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all. Good working relationships release the full potential, creativity and productivity of each individual, in an atmosphere where everyone can learn and work without prejudice, discrimination, harassment or violence.
We are committed to developing a team which is reflective of our society, and which can offer insight and views that influence our work. We are particularly interested in applications from groups which are under-represented in marine, environmental and charity sectors.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England and Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Financial Manager, Finance Controller, Financial Controller, or Accounting Manager.