Community Link Worker
Covering four GP practices across Dunbar and East Linton
£22,000 per annum Plus Benefits including Pension, Employee Assistance Helpline, 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holidays
If you have a background in community learning and development, social work or health, this is an exciting opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact on people in your local community.
Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity that focuses on inspiring people to give the gift of voluntary service to support the NHS and older people at home and in the community. We’ve been working across East Lothian for over 35 years, with services currently funded by East Lothian Health & Social Care Partnership.
We are now looking for two Community Link Workers to join our team on a full-time and part-time basis. These are 12 month contracts, which have the potential to extend for a further 12 months, subject to funding.
As a Community Link Worker, you will use a social prescribing approach to provide targeted support to adults facing issues that are impacting their ability to live well.
Working across four GP practices in Dunbar and East Linton, you will work with patients who are experiencing difficulty due to socio-economic factors, social isolation, ongoing health needs, or other factors relating to health inequalities.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the set-up and development of the Community Link Worker service
- Establish pathways into the service
- Carry out initial 1-1 assessments with patients
- Help patients to connect with their community and build their strength and resilience
- Signpost and refer patients to relevant local services
- Ensure that all activities are delivered in line with funding agreements
To join us as a Community Link Worker, you’ll need:
- At least two years’ experience in community learning and development, social work, health or another related field
- Experience of working in partnership with other local and statutory organisations
- Caseload management experience
- Good IT skills, including proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- An SVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent qualifications (such as GCSEs)
A driving licence would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working in a primary care setting, or a degree level qualification.
This role is offered on a full-time and part-time basis. Full-time hours are 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Part-time hours are 14 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is the 27th November 2020.
To discuss this role in more detail, please contact Nigel Green at Royal Voluntary Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Social Prescribing Co-ordinator, Social Prescribing Link Worker, Social Prescribing Worker, Project Worker, Community Health Advisor, Health and Wellbeing Coach, Link Worker, Community Outreach Worker, Social Worker, Wellbeing Officer, or Social Prescribing Officer.