About Brighton Women's Centre
BWC has extensive experience of delivering support to women with multiple and complex needs and has effectively supported hundreds of women to turn their lives around through accessing bespoke case work support through the Inspire project – an award winning project for women at all stages of involvement in the Criminal Justice System. BWC is part of a network of women’s centres and gender responsive providers who continue to contribute to research identifying underlying factors for women presenting with multiple complex needs and whose trajectory outcomes include involvement in the Criminal Justice System, Homelessness and Sex working.
BWC is looking to appoint a Corporate Fundraising and Events Manager who has experience of and is committed to building long term relationships with individual and corporate supporters and is able to work creatively to achieve our high growth targets.
This is a fantastic position where you will be leading on raising vital funds to help women and children with multiple vulnerabilities to lead happier and healthier lives.
The successful candidate will co-ordinate the charity’s activities that enable sustainable income generation from corporate and community partnerships and fundraising and development events in Brighton and Hove and wider Sussex.
The role within BWC is for a dynamic and enthusiastic Corporate Fundraising and Events Manager. The aim of the role is to deliver on net income targets for 20/21 and beyond.
This role will lead the Fundraising and Communications (F&C) subcommittee to raise the profile of BWC. She will lead the development of the Fundraising and Communications strategy through the development of a community fundraising plan. She will lead the BWC F&C committee to implement the plan through organizing a range of diverse and creative fundraising initiatives. This will include securing new income through events, individual giving, online fundraising and corporate fundraising and will raise the profile of the charity in the wider community.
The role will involve organising events, and engaging with individuals, groups, clubs and associations to seek support from local and regional companies. Communicating key messages about BWC to inspire and engage supporters will be essential, as will successful stewardship of new and existing supporters.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Deliver net income targets in 2021/22/23 and ensure income and participant number growth in 2021/22/23 and beyond for a key portfolio of events.
- Design and implement a BWC stakeholder management strategy to support strong and long-lasting relationships with a range of stakeholders including individual and corporate supporters, delivering excellent customer care and developing our supporters to maximise their potential.
- Lead on Gift Aid, keeping updated on changes in regulation. Monitor, report and analyse Gift Aid performance and processes across Fundraising and Communications and recommend changes, ensuring all staff are informed and trained as required.
- Collaborate with a wide range of people including members of staff across the organisation, Trustees, sponsors and Fundraising committee volunteers in order to maximise the effectiveness of fundraising events through funds, supporters, referrals and volunteers.
- Oversee all fundraising event logistics including researching, booking venues; managing suppliers and obtaining in kind/reduced/zero cost services where possible.
- To ensure that all necessary risk assessments are carried out and documented as applicable to the running of events.
- With the support of the Director, co-ordinate, develop and manage relationships with event supporters and secure significant gifts to auction at major events.
- Market each event using tried and tested, and new marketing techniques.
- Evaluate the outcome of events.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Lead, inspire and motivate a small team of fundraising and communications (F&C) volunteers across different fundraising functions, to include monthly volunteer meetings.
- Work alongside the BWC Administrator and Communications Co-ordinator and F&C volunteers in all communications with donors, prospects, sponsors and businesses to sell tickets and obtain raffle prizes.
- Lead by creating and delivering in collaboration with the F&C subcommittee a portfolio of key team wide projects including annual giving campaign and regular giving plan.
- Be accountable to the Finance sub-committee and oversee the Fundraising budget ensuring it operates to agreed budgets. Authorise the payment of all invoices and expense claims relating to the team and fundraising activities.
- Work to maximise the income raised and be efficient with expenditure.
- Ensure compliance with legal and statutory regulation and mandated legal requirements in relation to GDPR, fundraising and events.
- Be fully conversant with fundraising regulations in relation to events, communications, donors, challenge sponsorship and bucket collections.
Marketing & Communication
- Liaise with the BWC Director and external agencies around the marketing of the BWC brand and contribute to the strategic development of the brand.
- Have oversight of the BWC fundraising and communication channels, including all social media presence such as Facebook and Instagram.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Work flexibly in line with organisational needs to include evenings and weekends.
- Be able to undertake the role which includes travel to different local sites.
- Work within and abide by all BWC policies and procedures.
- To participate in Line Management Supervision.
- To attend training and development sessions as relevant and as provided.
- Undertake other duties as requested by the Director as appropriate to level of responsibility.
- At all times to promote the aims, principles, policies, interests of BWC and to protect its integrity and reputation.
- To be responsible for own safety and others affected by your activities and to ensure adherence to BWC’s policies and procedures regarding Health & Safety.
- Promote a healthy and cohesive work environment.
- Ensure all work is conducted within the context of the overall governance and management of BWCs strategic direction.
- Attend all relevant meetings as and when directed by the Director as appropriate to role.
- Perform any other duties as may be reasonably expected by line management.
Please complete the attached Application and Equalities forms and return to email@example.com before 9th December 2020.
To see the full job description and person specification please visit our website www.womenscentre.org.uk and see the 'Get involved' tab for additional information relating to this post.
BWC is an equal opportunities employer. This post is only open to female* applicants as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2020. All posts require an enhanced DBS disclosure.
*This post is open to self-identifying women.