Head of Grant Programmes
We are looking for a Head of Grant Programmes to join a well-established, highly regarded organisation in an exciting and rewarding role.
Our client offers charitable grant programmes to support the independence of disabled people with their personal or other transportation needs.
Position: Head of Grant Programmes
Location: Regular travel to Harlow, Essex, although remote working will be considered
Hours: Full-time, permanent
Salary: Circa £60,000- £70,000 per annum, depending on experience
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join this national organisation at a time of growth. As Head of Grant Programmes you will oversee a portfolio of grant-making programmes totalling over £70million per year aimed at enhancing the lives of disabled people with transportation solutions, the role is responsible for a team of 4 grants Programme Managers. Some of your other key responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the Charity’s c£70m grant spending
- Launch and develop new special grants programmes
- Drive a culture that ensures all grants awarded are making the best use of charitable funds and provide value for money
- Engagement with other charities to ensure best practice is being followed, along with up-to-date grant making practices
- Identify and develop opportunities to ‘flex’ the grant spending in line with availability of charitable funds
- Raise awareness of grant-making programmes in line with operational capacity and available funds
- Work closely with the Impact and Evaluation department and the research and innovation department to ensure the successful development, implementation and impact of new grant-making programmes
- Develop strategic plans for each of the grant programmes
- Work closely with the Grant Operations department to ensure all decisions to award a grant are made in-line with agreed policies
To be successful in the role of Head of Grant Programmes you will have significant experience of managing charitable grant-making programmes in a large charity or foundation.
You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
- Exceptionally strong presentation and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail
- An analytical mind that wants to understand large data sets and can translate analysis into meaningful actions
- Experience of operating open funding rounds, challenge prizes and multi-year grant programmes
- The ability to work effectively under scrutiny and changing priorities
Although not essential a knowledge of disability, vehicles, conversions and adaptions would be highly advantageous for this roles
Other roles you may have experience of could include: Head of Grants, Head of Programmes, Grants and Programmes Manager, Grant Scheme Manager, Head of Charitable Grants, Head of Grants Management, Head of Grants Operation, Grants Director, Head of Trusts and Grants, Director of Programmes, etc.