Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor (12 Month Contract)
About Development Initiatives (DI)
Our vision is a world without poverty that invests in human security and where everyone shares the benefits of opportunity and growth.
We are an independent international development organisation working on the use of data to drive poverty eradication and sustainable development.
We are now seeking a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor to join us for a 12 month, fixed term contract.
- Salary of £37,000 - £40,000, depending on experience
- Pension (5% of salary)
- 25 days’ holiday + option to buy/sell holiday
- Up to five days’ paid leave for charitable work (volunteering to address poverty and/or help vulnerable people)
- Smart casual dress code policy
- Flexitime and homeworking options
- Simply Health Cash scheme with employee assistance programme
- Paid professional fees and study leave
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption/sick leave policies
Joining our environment of innovation and transparency, you will have the chance to ensure we engage with more stakeholders and can continue to work towards eliminating poverty.
So, if you have a background of development, humanitarian or international relations policy development and strong engagement and networking skills, this is the ideal role in which to drive your career forward and continue helping to make the world a better place.
As a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor, you will work across our portfolio focusing on crisis financing to improve policy and practice for people affected by crises.
You will aim to provide clear, objective evidence on crisis-related funding and programmes, enabling DI to engage internationally with decision makers and responders at all levels to ensure that during a crisis, no-one is left behind.
Taking both line and budgetary management responsibilities, you will:
- Play a central role in producing and promoting our policy work
- Work closely with the Crisis and Humanitarian Lead and the Research and Analysis Team
- Take the lead on specific policy areas
- Develop and drive our humanitarian engagement strategy forward
- Enhance our stakeholder engagement and represent DI externally
- Gather and share data and analysis, using it as a catalyst for change
- Lead the identification, development and delivery of projects on emerging crisis financing issues
- Contribute to flagship publications such as the Global Humanitarian Assistance Report
- Work within the Engagement and Partnerships Team
- Report to the Head of Engagement
To be considered as a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor, you will need:
- At least five years’ experience in development, humanitarian or international relations policy development, engagement and research and/or analysis
- Strong engagement and networking experience, with a wide range of contacts and proven experience of managing relations with and/or influencing a range of stakeholder groups including governments, multilateral organisations, regional organisations, CSOs, politicians, the media and the private sector
A proven understanding and experience of the humanitarian system and crisis contexts, as well as an understanding of the evolving crisis financing landscapes and relevant actors in this field would be a distinct advantage.
The ideal candidate will have analytical and research skills with the ability to work with data to develop clear and accessible written products and presentations.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Policy Advisor, Humanitarian Advisor, Humanitarian Policy Advisor, Policy Engagement Advisor, Policy Researcher, or Policy Analyst
Early applications are highly encouraged; we will be reviewing submissions as they arrive and interviews will be held periodically. As we are recruiting on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to end recruitment without notice.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Policy & Engagement Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.