Contract: full time, fixed-term contract for maternity cover
Salary: circa £36,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: flexible – can be home based, with travel to our office in Ross-on-Wye
Closing date: Sunday 29th November 2020
Interviews: week commencing 7th December 2020
Our ocean is in poor health and we need urgent action to change this. Our digital outreach is crucial to inspire more people to join us and take action to help save our seas – and we need an exceptional Digital Lead to cover for a period of maternity to help make that happen.
You’ll be joining us at a critical time and will oversee the completion and launch of our new website. This is a complex project and you will need to have proven experience of leading an organisation through digital change, leading internal project teams and working with external suppliers.
You will also be a brilliant team leader with excellent digital acumen and a flair for creative ideas. You will have strong experience in leading digital communications and a proven track record of uplifting online engagement.
We want the ocean to be front and centre on everyone’s minds and need to maximise our digital outreach to ensure our voice is heard. If you think you can make this happen, please share your CV and covering letter with us by 29th November 2020.
As a Digital Lead, you will lead, develop and maintain the Marine Conservation Society’s digital presence and develop and deliver a long-term organisational digital strategy. Budgets may vary between £40k to £400k dependent on funding cycles and applications.
- Lead on the development and delivery of an organisational digital strategy, creating a clear vision for our future digital outputs
- Lead on the project management and delivery of core digital projects
- Developing our website as a storytelling platform, maximising supporter experience and developing our reputation as a citizen science leader
- Ongoing management of all digital communications and engagement activities
- Manage the Digital team and support staff, including recruitment, management, personal and professional development, budgetary control and contract procurement
- Significant experience of designing and delivering digital strategies
- Significant experience of digital project management, leading the delivery of websites and other products, on time and within budget
- Experience in managing complex websites with a range of specific user needs
- Expertise in website CMS
- Experience in analysing business needs and of requirement capture and project scoping
- Proven experience of utilising audience insight for user experience
- Excellent skills in digital storytelling: creating engaging and inspiring content
- Excellent verbal and spoken communication skills including the ability to write compelling copy
- Creative, with a good eye for stories and ideas that engage and inspire
- Experience in using Matomo, Google Analytics or other analytic tools effectively to drive strategic changes
- Solid experience of managing budgets
- Ability and confidence to represent the organisation
Select the apply button shown to download the information pack, which includes the full job description and more about what works well for applications.
We really value your cover letter that tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification.
Please make sure it’s in an editable format – so no PDF or Pages formats - and it would be helpful if you leave out any personal information in either document as we need to remove it for shortlisting.
Everyone can expect to be treated with consideration and respect and MCS is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all. Good working relationships release the full potential, creativity and productivity of each individual, in an atmosphere where everyone can learn and work without prejudice, discrimination, harassment or violence.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community, particularly those that are under-represented in environmental and charity sectors.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
To apply for the role of Digital Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Digital Project Lead, Website Project Manager, Digital Campaign Manager, Digital Project Manager, or Digital Programme Manager.