Community Fundraising and Events Officer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Community Fundraising and Events Officer (CFEO) to join a dynamic team of committed and passionate individuals working together to raise the profile of carers and support the work of charity.
Position: Community Fundraising and Events Officer
Location Wiltshire: flexible home / office / community based. Office space available in Semington and Salisbury
Hours: 30 hours per week Monday to Friday plus occasional weekend/evening working
Salary: £28,000 Pro Rata
Contract: 9 Months Maternity Cover – Starting January 2021
Closing Date: 30th November
This is an outward facing role which will include networking, making funding applications, organising events and fundraising appeals. The Community Fundraising and Events Officer will:
- Raise funds from local organisations and donors to support the organisations projects.
- Lead on the charity’s Annual Appeal.
- Organise and deliver events (virtual and in person COVID dependant).
- Work along-side the Trust Fundraising Officer and the Communications and Digital team.
Note: Due to the current COVID situation, many of the activities and responsibilities will need to be carried out online in the short term. Ability to use online tools such as Zoom, Teams etc. is therefore essential.
As Community Fundraising and Events Officer, you will bring voluntary sector experience with demonstrable success of in community fundraising or event organising.
You will have:
- A proven track record of successful funding applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and relationship building skills
- Proven ability to form good working relations, both internally and externally with people at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative and to meet objectives and tight deadlines under pressure
- Experience working with volunteers
- Computer literacy - word processing and excel essential
- Experience using online meeting tools
You can work for an organisation that really makes a difference within your local community, an organisation that supports unpaid carers and impacts positively on their lives? If you want to work somewhere that can offer you a meaningful career, training and development opportunities and a great benefits package, apply today!
About the Organisation
3 in 5 of us will become a carer at some point in our lives. Whether we are caring for a parent, partner or family member with an illness or disability, caring is a rewarding and demanding role.
Unpaid carers save the economy over £132bn every year – that’s the cost of a second NHS. The carers our client supports save the Wiltshire economy over £961 million a year.
The charity helps carers access services, information, education and training, respite, and breaks from their caring role. It ensures they have a voice that is heard and work with health and social care professionals and employers to raise carer awareness and develop best practice.
You may have experience in Fundraising, Community Fundraising, Fundraising and Events, Event Planning.