Harris Hill is delighted to be working on behalf of a youth charity founded in 2009, in search of a new Trustee. The organisation's mission is to improve the emotional wellbeing of young people by giving them the skills and inspiration to overcome the challenges they face and lead healthy and purposeful lives.
The charity cultivates the potential of young people and adults by stimulating their creativity in the context of a safe and vibrant community. Through their youth programmes and summer camps, as well as their youth and professional training programmes, they build resilience, self-esteem, emotional intelligence and social skills. Their approach weaves together key different essential practices: creativity and arts practice, focus on relationships and group/community work, personal storytelling, and reflective practice.
They are now looking for a new Trustee to join their Board. The role of Trustee is highly rewarding, with key responsibilities being to:
- Ensure that the Charity is governed effectively
- Work in partnership with the Chief Executive to ensure that the organisation has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction and that the organisation, the Trustees and the Chief Executive are focused on achieving these
- Work within the Board to ensure future sustainability, in terms of the impact of activities against assessed need and financial sustainability
- Ensure that the Board is monitoring performance through reports provided by the Chief Executive and senior staff
- To take a particular interest, or by agreement lead role, in any areas of specialist expert knowledge
The successful candidate will ideally have a background working with youth or in education. You will demonstrate outstanding leadership and management skills, with the ability to take a considered and clear view on strategic issues and vision. The successful candidate will have significant understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship. A knowledge of fundraising would be advantageous.
The role of a Trustee is a voluntary, unpaid, non-executive appointment. The role requires a commitment of approximately one day per month, with the capacity to flex upwards should the need arise. The Board meets four six times per year.
If you would like to receive more information and full details of how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Faye Marshall on 0207 820 7303.
Closing date for applications: Monday 30th November at 9.00am