Barnet Food Hub Project Manager
Location: East Barnet
Contract: Fixed, until end October 2021, with view to extend
Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum
37.5 hours per week
In response to the Coronavirus pandemic, Barnet Together and London Borough of Barnet collaborated to provide support for the local communities’ response. Central to that response was providing supplies to foodbanks and local organisations, resulting in establishing the Barnet Food Hub to support food security in Barnet.
This organisation, as part of Barnet Together, is recruiting a Food Hub Project Manager to play an essential role overseeing the Food Hub based in East Barnet, You will be integral in the set-up, execution and ongoing delivery of this project. Managing relationships with partnered organisations you will lead engagement with the Felix Project, volunteer services, voluntary communities and faith groups as well as foodbanks themselves.
- Overseeing the warehouse and staff team, and the supply and distribution to foodbanks and groups across Barnet.
- Leading on insight and the development of programme ensuring service targets are delivered on time, to budget and to the highest quality standards.
- Managing recruitment and training of volunteers to support Foodbanks.
- Promoting the work of the Food Hub and referral partners to reduce food insecurity.
- Encouraging behaviour change including healthy and sustainable eating, minimising and reducing food waste and designing / delivering participative activities which encourage environmental and social regeneration.
- Working with senior Trust managers and Barnet Together to identify and develop partnerships, funding and marketing opportunities for the Food Hub and associated projects.
The successful postholder will be a self-starter, enjoy working on fast moving, target driven projects and have the proven ability to work flexibly to meet the evolving needs of a project. You will be a strong project leader, able to work effectively with a multi-disciplined team and have demonstrable skills in partner liaison, management and networking. You will be confident in the use of a range of digital engagement tools to promote their work, including WhatsApp and Twitter and be an accomplished written and verbal communicator.
They will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates as they apply for the role and therefore the role may be filled before the closing date.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 13th November 2020
Interview date: Throughout recruitment period. Interviews will be on Zoom or Teams.
Please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form and then redirected to the employer’s website where you can complete your application for this position.
Postholders will be considered to be working in a Regulated Activity as set out in Schedule 4 of the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006; appointment to this post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Scheme Criminal Records Check.
This is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please.