Following early investment in supporter acquisition, Camphill Village Trust has a highly committed and generous supporter base. The majority of our voluntary income comes from individual giving and legacies. We need someone with passion and skill to develop and implement our individual giving and legacies strategy. There is potential for the role to be split, and applicants who are interested in a part-time role will be considered.
Camphill Village Trust supports adults with learning and other disabilities in ten communities and services, across England. Our small but growing fundraising team is based in our community at Botton Village, on the beautiful North York Moors. This is an exciting time to join our long-established charity, as our 65th anniversary has refocused our determination to grow our services and support as many adults as possible to have a life of opportunity.
The successful candidate will develop an individual giving strategy covering the key areas of donor acquisition and retention and legacy recruitment. They will take responsibility for growing our database of supporters through multi-channel fundraising campaigns as well as stewarding existing supporters and encourage them to convert to regular donors and legators. A key focus will be inspiring the family members of our clients to support the charity through either individual giving or legacy pledges.
Professional knowledge and experience
• Experience of implementing an Individual Giving fundraising strategy
• Knowledge of legacy fundraising
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the principles and practices of donor or customer acquisition
• Evidence of professional training or qualification such as Chartered Institute of Marketing, Director of Social
Change or Chartered Institute of Fundraising training courses
• At least 24 months experience in a similar or related role
• Demonstrable knowledge of GDPR and data regulations
• Able to communicate well with supporters both on the phone and in writing
• Knowledge of the direct debit and standing order processing systems
• Demonstrable experience of developing and managing successful recruitment and/or legacy marketing campaigns
and projects to deadline and within budget
• Excellent IT skills and experience of working on databases
• Experience of developing individual giving strategies
• Experience of working in a national charity’s direct marketing team
• Educated to degree level
• Professional qualification such as Chartered Institute of Fundraising or Chartered Institute of Marketing qualification
• Knowledge of the charity sector
• Knowledge of the learning disabilities sector
Personal aptitude and competencies
• Comfortable discussing sensitive issues with supporters, able to empathise and build relationships
• Works collaboratively with team members and others within the organisation
• A self-starter, able to work on own initiative, who is proactive at identifying problems and bringing solutions,
comfortable suggesting change and improvements
• Able to juggle a variety of tasks and initiatives, whilst concentrating on the urgent and important
• Supportive of Camphill Village Trust values
• Satisfactory standard DBS
• Ability to be flexible, willing to travel and stay away overnight, on occasions
Camphill Village Trust is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.