Housing Support Officer
Are you a compassionate individual looking for a role where you can make a tangible difference? Do you have experience of working in housing and support? If so, read on.
We are SPEAR, a charity dedicated to helping homeless people in South and West London find secure accommodation and work towards a positive future.
For 30 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to support homeless people to recover from their personal issues and break down the barriers that they face.
We recognise that homelessness is much more than just a housing issue, so we provide a range of accommodation and support services to help people reach their full potential.
We’re looking for four Housing Support Officers to join us in in Kingston, Sutton, Richmond and Wandsworth to join our passionate team and support the delivery of our Housing Services primarily in the Wandsworth borough.
- Salary of £25,000 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday (rising to 31 with length of service)
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme
- A range of benefits including cycle to work scheme and staff wellbeing sessions
- Training and development opportunities
This is a brilliant opportunity to help uphold the rights of vulnerable people and support them towards living more secure, independent and fulfilled lives.
At SPEAR, we attempt to unlock the potential in everyone we work with and will encourage you to do so too. You’ll have the chance to enhance your expertise and work alongside an experienced team who understand the input needed to bring about positive change.
As a Housing Support Officer, you’ll assist allocated clients to identify and work towards individual goals consistent with sustaining a tenancy in supported housing or privately rented accommodation.
Some of your duties will include:
- Ensuring that allocated clients have access to specialist services as required, utilising both internal and external resources
- Managing a caseload of clients, offering assertive, consistent and ongoing support
- Maintaining constructive working relationships with other service providers, businesses and community groups
To join us as a Housing Support Officer, you will need:
- An understanding of the issues affecting homeless people, based on your own experience of homelessness, professional work or voluntary experience
- An understanding of and commitment to confidentiality and professional boundaries
- Experience of motivating complex and diverse client groups to engage with support
- Previous experience of delivering and administering an assertive case management approach
- Knowledge of the services and legislative environment regarding housing, health, work and immigration as it relates to accommodating people.
- The demonstrable ability to record and report work to a good standard, using IT systems as well as written records
- The ability to build relationships with services and develop pathways to enable clients to make and sustain positive change
Other organisations may call this role Homelessness Housing Officer, Housing Support Worker, Housing Support Officer, Tenancy Sustainment Officers. Tenancy support Officer, Tenancy Support Worker, Accommodation Support Officer, Community Housing Support Officer, and Community Housing Officer.
The closing date for applications is the 18th November 2020.
At SPEAR, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone, regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
So, if you think you could make a difference as a Housing Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Please note: Applications without supporting statements will not be considered.