Strategic Lead (2 Year FTC)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
10GM is a joint venture by local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector infrastructure organisations in Greater Manchester: Bolton CVS, Salford CVS, Macc and Action Together. These local organisations provide a range of support including organisational and group development, accredited Volunteer Centres, locality and thematic networks, action groups and strategic representation across a wide range of partnerships.
10GM works strategically to strengthen support for the VCSE sector at borough level and ensure connectivity and engagement across the whole of Greater Manchester. 10GM represents a combined membership of thousands of local voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations working in communities and neighbourhoods all across the city-region.
An opportunity has now arisen for a Strategic Lead to facilitate engagement with 10GM across Greater Manchester for a two year contract that has the potential to extend.
- Salary of £35,745 - £37,890 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities
- Ongoing professional development
- 7% pension contribution (1% contribution by employee)
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus eight Bank Holidays) per annum
- Work with a large diverse team committed to social justice
If you have strong influencing skills and a passion for social justice and the VCSE sector, this is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with an exceptional charitable initiative that will help change Greater Manchester for the better.
We believe that VCSE sector organisations have an important part to play in work across Greater Manchester that benefits everyone and will see our city and our communities rise, do better and profit from the work we do.
So, if you share our values and want to be a part of something big that will bring great things to Greater Manchester, we would love to hear from you.
As the Strategic Lead, you will be tasked with playing a key leadership and representation role within 10GM and ensure the organisation can fulfil its purposes, aims, contracts and commitments.
You’ll build links across partner organisations and associates, identifying opportunities, sharing information and resources and maximising the efficiency of the 10GM initiative.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with stakeholders across the public, private and VCSE sectors
- Creating a positive partnership with Greater Manchester in line with 10GM’s values
- Identifying new funding opportunities and developing proposals
- Utilising national, regional and local policies that can be used by 10GM members to enhance influencing
To be considered as the Strategic Lead, you will need:
- To be a skilled influencer who can operate at a senior level and bring solutions
- The ability to secure, lead and deliver projects and programmes to agreed timelines and outcomes
- The ability to make a compelling case for the role of the VCSE sector in general and the role of local infrastructure in particular
- To be driven by social justice and passionate about the VCSE
- The ability to manage complex partnerships and relationships
- A collaborative and relational approach
- To be interested in social policy and able to make this accessible to others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to produce communication content for a variety of audiences
Other organisations may call this role Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager, Charity Programme Manager, Programme Lead, Social Justice Lead, Social Justice Programme Lead, or Social Justice Programme Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 16th November 2020.
Webrecruit and 10GM are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Strategic Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.