CHUMS Charity are looking for a Charity Director to lead the charity in an exciting time of organisational growth and development. The charity has new structural, legal and governance requirements as well as meeting the challenges of the Covid 19 pandemic.
The Charity Director will lead a small and dedicated team of fundraisers to provide the necessary vision, leadership, and fundraising skills which will enable the organisation to achieve its organisational development programme and meet fundraising targets. The Director will ensure the Charity has robust governance and complies with all legal requirements and has a comprehensive fundraising strategy which explores new methods of raising funds.
The successful candidate will have substantial leadership and management experience within the charitable sector and a talent for building relationships. They will also have a track record in governance, strategy and securing funds from statutory sources, foundations, trusts and major donors. Experience in development of an individual donor programme including donor marketing is desirable.
Governance and finance
- Oversee and ensure charity governance and Charity Commission compliance, including development and implementation of policies
- Work with the Trustees and staff team to develop a comprehensive strategy for the Charity, both in relation to building a safe and robust organisation and fundraising
- Lead financial planning and budget management including being responsible for the development of budgets for revenue and expenditure
- Develop and maintain income and expenditure tracking and evaluation systems
- Work with the Trustees and Fundraising Team to develop, implement and deliver a new dynamic fundraising strategy to create a sustainable income model and to increase net revenue from all income streams
- Identify potential new income streams and produce strategies to access these funds
- Proactively lead on the continuous development of the Charity's fundraising strategy, researching best practice, current trends and new opportunities
- Manage and develop the Fundraising Team to deliver the fundraising strategy
- Be responsible for fundraising compliance, including the Code of Fundraising Practice
- Oversee the management of grant and trust income programme, supporting the Head of Fundraising as necessary and ensuring production of effective, high quality proposals and reports
- Lead an individual giving development plan for 2021 onwards which includes recruitment and development of donors, including corporate donors
- Develop new and maintain existing effective supporter journeys. This includes liaising with current and new Ambassadors, Trustees and ensuring they remain engaged and actively supporting our community fundraising programme
- Identify timely solutions to any issues that arise with fundraising, including any complaints
- Liaise with support provided to agree a marketing strategy, web exposure and supporting literature for any events programme
- Keep key stakeholders updated in relation to the Charity's activities, including the Operating Board of CHUMS CIC
Line management of the Charity's staff team, including:
- Agreeing objectives and work plans
- Managing workload and performance through regular one-to-one line management of the Head of Fundraising
- Undertaking annual performance reviews
- Planning and implementing personal development programme for team members in all relevant skills