Business Development Lead (2 Year FTC)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
10GM is a joint venture by local voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector infrastructure organisations in Greater Manchester: Bolton CVS, Salford CVS, Macc and Action Together. These local organisations provide a range of support including organisational and group development, accredited Volunteer Centres, locality and thematic networks, action groups and strategic representation across a wide range of partnerships.
10GM works strategically to strengthen support for the VCSE sector at borough level and ensure connectivity and engagement across the whole of Greater Manchester. 10GM represents a combined membership of thousands of local voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations working in communities and neighbourhoods all across the city region.
We’re looking for a Business Development Lead to join the 10GM team for a two year contract that has the potential to extend.
- Salary of £30,507 - £32,029 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities
- Ongoing professional development
- 7% pension contribution (1% contribution by employee)
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus eight Bank Holidays) per annum
- Work with a large, diverse team committed to social justice
If you have operational management experience and exceptional bid writing skills, this is the ideal opportunity to develop and progress with an outstanding charitable initiative.
This is an exciting time of change in Greater Manchester and we believe that VCSE sector organisations have an important part to play in work that benefits everyone.
If you share our values and want to be a part of something big that will bring great things to Greater Manchester, we would love to hear from you.
As the Business Development Lead, you will be tasked with overseeing 10GM’s portfolio of contracted activities and lead on the development of partnerships, projects, organisational systems and procedures.
Specifically, in addition to securing resources, you will develop and deliver a three year strategic plan in conjunction with 10GM member organisations that achieves the objectives shared by all. You will develop services and activities, identify and secure new income streams and lead a team in involvement with bids and tenders.
Your role will also involve:
- Preparing tenders, contract bids and grant proposals
- Establishing systems and processes for effective working
- Leading on compliance activities including funding regulations and data
- Ensuring suitable support is provided for 10GM board meetings
To be considered as the Business Development Lead, you will need:
- To be an exceptional bid writer with excellent project and contract management skills
- Operational management experience and confident in the use of project and people management tools
- The confidence to set up and implement new systems and processes
- Proficiency in data, numbers and using a range of operational platforms and software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
Other organisations may call this role Charity Development Manager, Senior Bid Writer, Charity Operations Manager, Business Development Manager, BDM, Operations Manager, Funding Manager, Bids and Tenders Manager, Bid and Tender Lead, Bid and Funding lead, or Charity Funding Lead.
The closing date for this role is the 16th November 2020.
Webrecruit and 10GM are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Business Development Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week