Do you have a great eye for detail, strong leadership skills and experience of working in a customer/public-facing role? Looking to take on an exciting opportunity working for an innovative charity? If so, read on.
Born on the streets of Bristol, Empire Fighting Chance is a charity that improves young lives through boxing. We use a powerful combination of non-contact boxing and intensive personal support to challenge and inspire young people to realise their unique potential.
Working with young people aged 8 - 25, we target those at risk of exclusion from school, involved in crime or suffering from mental health problems.
We’re currently looking for an Operations Manager to join us, taking on a critical on-the-ground role overseeing our operations and facilities.
- Salary of £35,000 per annum
- 28 days’ holiday plus Christmas shutdown
- Free on-site parking
This is an incredible opportunity to play a key role in a charity that is supporting youth in our community through an active and engaging approach to improving lives.
Every day, we meet young people who are facing significant challenges in their lives such as mental health issues, chaotic home lives, difficulties at school or involvement in crime.
With your commitment and leadership, we can increase awareness of our work, motivate those who engage with or work for our charity and achieve our overall business plans.
As the Operations Manager, you will oversee the coaching and therapist teams, encouraging maximum performance and dedication. You’ll provide them with thoughtful and motivating reviews of their work while ensuring policies and procedures are adhered to.
You will take the lead on operational matters such as building services, environmental issues and health and safety, ensuring that we provide a warm and encouraging environment for the young people we support.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage and oversee the planning and day-to-day work of the coaching team
- Ensure our coaches receive the appropriate induction, training and development to undertake their current role effectively and develop their potential
- Work closely with the EMT and SMT to contribute to our strategy, supporting delivery and implementation
- Assure appropriate duty manager cover so the facilities and operations are always appropriately looked after
To join us as our Operations Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience of working in a team leader or supervisory role in a customer/public-facing capacity
- Experience of liaising with different departments to achieve common goals
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Experience of dealing with potentially challenging behaviours
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong attention to detail
We’d love to hear from you if you’ve worked as an Operations Lead, Operations & Facilities Manager, Youth Work Team Leader, Coaching Supervisor, Service Delivery Team Leader, Operations Supervisor, or Operations & Premises Manager.
Webrecruit and Empire Fighting Chance are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are looking to take on a rewarding role as an Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week