Marketing and Communications Manager
We’re the Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy, a charity dedicated to supporting children and families living with cerebral palsy (CP) and similar neurological conditions.
Sometimes, it’s the simple things that make a difference - playing with friends, dressing or making your own lunch. So, whatever a child's age or associated difficulties, we have the skills and knowledge to help them live their day-to-day life to the fullest.
After the relocation to our new home in Watford, the Bobath Centre has effectively merged two charities and we will shortly be re-establishing ourselves as a new CIO. As part of this, we have exciting plans to relaunch our brand as the National Bobath Cerebral Palsy Centre.
As such, we’re looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join us, initially on a nine month contract that we envisage will become a permanent position.
- Salary of £27,000 - £30,000 per annum
- 27 days’ holiday (including Christmas shutdown) plus Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme with matched employer contribution (5%)
- Take on an important role that has the potential to grow and expand
If you have a strong background in strategic marketing, this is an exciting opportunity to support the development and success of our charity at a crucial point in our evolution.
You will have the chance to lead the development of our corporate brand as we reposition ourselves as a centre of excellence for the treatment of CP and the wellbeing of those it affects.
To ensure your success, you’ll have the support of an exceptional team, including a CEO with a background in marketing and fundraising and two Fundraisers.
This is an amazing opportunity to act as a catalyst for positive change and help us to grow our brand and make a wider impact. If you are eager to make a difference to individuals and families with disabilities and impairments, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will develop and deliver improved branding as we relaunch ourselves as the National Bobath Cerebral Palsy Centre.
You will advance the profile, reputation and development of our charity by delivering a range of initiatives, including print and online communications, the production of print materials, digital marketing, public relations, events and other promotional activities.
Some of your duties will include:
- Managing and championing our brands and trademarks
- Helping to deliver a marketing and communications strategy
- Creating a range of marketing materials
- Promoting our training courses and increase the demand for our services
- Supporting the delivery of a range of events
- Assisting the CEO to plan Board meetings
To join us as our Marketing and Communications Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ marketing experience
- A successful track record in strategic marketing, including the management of digital channels and a website
- Events management experience
- Experience of updating websites and social media platforms
- A formal qualification in a marketing-related discipline
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Manager, Communications Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marcoms Manager, Strategic Marketing Manager, or Marketing Campaign Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 13th November 2020.
Webrecruit and the Bobath Centre for Children with Cerebral Palsy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Marketing and Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, 9:00 – 17:30, Monday – Friday (flexibility considered)