We are looking for an exceptional Adult Education Coordinator to join our team and help to transform the way we teach and improve the skills and confidence of our audiences and communities. The successful candidate will be capable of coordinating and delivering an engaging face-to-face (when safe to do so) and online learning programme, information sessions and workshops. Latin American House (LAH) provides a range of services including specialist advice and information, children and adult education and cultural activities and events.
Our charitable work focuses on providing accessible, efficient and practical support to disadvantaged Latin Americans and other communities in greater London and beyond. It is imperative that you are a good or intermediate Spanish speaker.
Deadline for submitting applications: 12pm on the 12th November 2020
Interviews will be held on Monday 16th of November
Please submit a completed application form available on our website to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Latin American House
We work for the integration, social inclusion and wellbeing of Latin American and other Spanish and Portuguese-speaking migrants, as well as other communities in our local neighbourhood. Our aims are to improve their lives, to provide a local Community Centre and to promote the rich diversity of Latin American cultures. We are expanding our organisation and diversifying our income streams in order to provide a better and more comprehensive service to our beneficiaries. We are a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee.
Our services include:
• Legal and Social Welfare Advice, providing specialist advice on immigration, as well as general information on benefits and employment. In 2019 we also started a EU Settlement Scheme project to support disadvantaged and at-risk Latin Americans and their families.
• Children’s Education, which currently consists of our bilingual Menchú Nursery and the Spanish Saturday School for children from 5 to 11 years old.
• Adult Community Learning, in partnership with local authorities, colleges and recognised education organisations, as well as our own volunteers. We provide practical adult education for Latin Americans and local residents.
• Community Centre, LAH is a well-established centre where people can come for activities, information and orientation.
• Culture - promoting and showcasing Latin American cultures, for people of all ages and backgrounds. From 2019 there is a dedicated culture coordinator. The last three years have been of expansion and growth and we have had an increasing number of beneficiaries, clients and visitors reaching our organisation.