Liver Nurse Advisor
Salary £29,000 (FTE) Pro rata for part time
With over 30 years’ experience, British Liver Trust is the leading liver charity for adults in the UK. The Trust works to transform liver health through increased awareness, prevention, improved care and support.
The Trust has an exciting opportunity (25 to 30 hours per week) to join our dynamic Nurse led support service team. We provide a range of information and support to anyone affected by liver disease. The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience in hepatology, gastroenterology/liver related nursing, with a good knowledge of liver disease and its treatments, must be a registered Nurse with the NMC and have an up to date nursing PIN.
The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team to provide a service from 10.00am to 6.00pm on some weekdays (until 3.00pm on others) with occasional availability for an hour or two over weekends, on a rota basis, and will either be able to work from home (all equipment provided) or from our Bournemouth office.
To work as part of the liver nurse team to provide a range of information and support to anyone affected by liver disease in a customised, sensitive and appropriate manner via the nurse - led helpline and email service, and to monitor activity on the online liver health community and provide input when required.
Primarily the postholder post holder will:
- Provide a range of information and support in a variety of formats to anyone affected by liver disease, including families and carers in a customised, sensitive, and appropriate manner via the nurse - led helpline and email service
- Moderate activity on the online liver health community and provide input when required
- Provide a range of information and support in a variety of formats to anyone affected by liver disease, including patients, families and carers in a customised, sensitive and appropriate manner via the nurse - led helpline and email service
- Monitor activity on the online liver health community and provide input when required
- Undertake research and follow up on calls, emails and forum enquiries with customised information tailored to individual needs
- Work with team colleagues to share information and provide effective communication
- Document all enquiries
- Work with other team members to provide information on liver disease to the general public and health care professionals
- Keep abreast of research and clinical developments, trends, current opinions, guidelines and other initiatives in the field of liver health and related conditions
- Write content for the British Liver Trust newsletter, website and articles as required
- Attend Support Groups, Information Days and support our ‘Love your Liver’ awareness events, including fibroscanning (training provided if required)
- Represent the British Liver Trust at sector events
- Maintain NMC registration, revalidation, a current PIN and adhere to NMC professional standards of practice for nurses
- Undertake additional training as required and both internal and professional external supervision
- Collaborate with British Liver Trust colleagues to ensure that everyone in the organisation understands the work of the Trust in its entirety and can support one another
- The above description is not intended to be exhaustive and the jobholder will take on other duties as required by the Chief Executive or Director of Policy & Communications.
Skills and Experience
- Registered nurse with NMC and current PIN
- 3 years experience nursing in hepatology or gastroenterology environment
- Good communicator, able to deal with people remotely in a compassionate, sensitive and professional manner
- Good IT skills, accustomed to Microsoft products
- Ability to learn quickly and research answers when not known
- Strong team worker
- Self-motivation and an ability to work alone
- A commitment to equality and diversity and to delivering a service of equally high quality to all
- Willingness and ability to occasionally travel in the UK
- Previous experience in information delivery on advice line and/or in person
- Liver cancer knowledge
- Understanding of online communities
- Fibroscan trained
- Clinical research experience
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocol
- Understanding of Data Protection principles
To apply as a Liver Nurse Advisor, you will need to select the apply button shown and include:
- A covering letter addressed to , explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for this role, with particular relevance to the Job Description
- An up to date CV
Closing date: 9am Wednesday 11th November 2020
Interviews via Zoom: Tuesday 24th November 2020
Registered charity England and Wales 298858, Scotland SC04240.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.