Housing Pathways Co-ordinator MOPAC
Housing for Women is working to build a more equal society for women where everyone has a safe roof over their head regardless of circumstance and violence against women is not tolerated.
Since 1934 we have championed female empowerment by providing and promoting affordable homes for women and gender-specific support services.
We’re now looking for a Housing Pathways Co-ordinator MOPAC to join our team in Brixton.
- Salary of up to £32,000 per annum
- 27 days’ holiday
- The ability to buy and sell annual leave
- PerkBox benefits
- Health cash plan and more
At Housing for Women, we are passionate about the right of women to have a safe roof over their head each and every night. We are also advocates for women’s rights within the criminal justice system and are working to change a biased system.
If your expertise lies in the housing sector and you have the confidence to train others and the drive to impact change, this is the ideal role in which to bring together your talents and make a difference to women in London.
As a Housing Pathways Co-ordinator MOPAC, you will be tasked with dual responsibilities to provide housing and homelessness legislation training to Advocates and Keyworkers as well as developing partnerships with local authorities and housing providers across London.
Your aims will be to ensure relevant professionals and stakeholders are aware of the impact on women in the criminal justice system and to improve housing outcomes for women involved in the criminal justice system.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the development of housing pathways
- Identify and strengthen links with local authorities and other housing providers
- Support the use of rented accommodation as a solution
- Build and maintain links with housing law solicitors and local law centres
- Deliver training and workshops on housing law, homelessness and move on pathways to keyworkers based within women’s centres/hubs
- Provide advice on grants available in each borough for the client group
To be considered as a Housing Pathways Co-ordinator, you will need:
- Experience of supporting vulnerable people within the housing sector
- Knowledge of the impact that contact with the criminal justice system and imprisonment have upon women and their children
- Up-to-date, in-depth knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation relating to criminal justice, housing, safeguarding, welfare benefit systems and child protection
- The confidence to deliver training and workshops to professionals
- Sound knowledge of the housing law and legal rights of women within the homelessness sector
- A relevant degree or equivalent qualification such as NVQ level 3 or 4
Other organisations may call this role Housing Co-ordinator, Homelessness Keyworker, Accommodation Co-ordinator, Housing Service Manager, Housing Support Manager, Female Support Worker, or Housing Support Officer.
Housing for Women is an equal opportunities employer and is extremely proud to have been awarded the Disability Confident – Committed symbol. This means all applicants for our roles are considered based on ability rather than disability.
So, if you are ready to help make the world more equal as a Housing Pathways Co-ordinator MOPAC, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 30 hours per week